thirty-two.

Tamika & Kandi's reception dayTamika

Tamika

I stretched as I woke up finding my wife buried into my side and holding me so tight I wasn't sure I could breathe. I let out a shallow breath before smiling brightly at the ring rested on my left hand.

If that wasn't the perfect reminder of yesterday as I scanned the castle style room we were in it all came back to me like a movie. Yesterday we eloped. My mom, sister, and a few of our friends came to be our witnesses.

Shortly after we were married we drove upstate to this beautiful mansion where our reception was being held. We spent the majority of our night making love of course. We completely tired ourselves out until we passed out.

Which led us to this morning, tangled in the sheets that covered our bare bodies. The sun shining through the large curtains in a room that reminded me of a fairytale. And did I mention I was with my wife.

She was sleeping so peacefully. I almost didn't want to wake her up, but the more I stared at her the more I wanted to wake her up. She really was the woman of my dreams.

I leaned down to kiss her forehead, I then moved down to her cheek, before leaving a peck against her soft lips. She knitted her brows together as she began to stir in my arms. I kissed her once again before I heard her whine.

"Wake up, princess.." I whispered before kissing her forehead once again. She whined softly as she licked her lips and began to blink her eyes open slowly.

"You tire me out all night and then make me get at the crack of dawn? I want a divorce already.." She grumbled before her lip poked out.

"You're stuck with me.." I laughed before pecking her lips again. She deepened the kiss once again before pulling away slowly and opening her eyes fully.

"You wanna brush your teeth first don't you?" I asked and she nodded. I knew Kandi wasn't one for many words in the morning so I accepted her nonverbal cues.

I carried her to the bathroom. I felt it was the least I could do since I woke her up. I carried her by her thighs before sitting her on top of the counter. Before I could sit her down completely she pointed toed at a the toilet and I rolled my eyes before taking her there instead.

I heard a knock at our door and I hurried to finish brushing my teeth before going to the door. I opened the door to find our wedding planner.

"Good morning Mrs.Scott... I know it's early but when you two are up and ready I wanted to let you know that the ballroom is done." She smiled.

"Oh, wow—that was fast!" I smiled. We continued to talk for some time until I went back to Kandi in the bathroom.

We took our turns getting ready separately before making our way down to the ballroom to see the completed decorations.