fifteen.

Continued...
Tamika

I woke up to the sound of the shower running but I thought it was in my head. I groaned as I rolled over in bed, reaching for Kandi.

I moved my arms in a circular motion only to not come in contact with her body once causing me to pat the sheets. My eyes opened quickly realizing maybe I didn't dream that the shower was running.

I blinked slowly only to see there was no light for my eyes to adjust too because it was still dark outside. I furrowed my brows before slowly pushing the covers back as I yawned.

I sat on the edge of the bed trying to collect my thoughts until I looked at Kandi's bedside clock that read: 2:00 am.

I stood to my feet, now confused more than ever as I went to knock on the bathroom door. I heard the shower stop but there was still no acknowledgement of my presence outside the door.

I turned the knob and it wasn't locked so I pushed my way in. She was seated on the counter with her robe on while applying some lotion to her legs.

"Why are you taking a shower at two in the morning?" I asked before clearing my throat.

"I got sweaty.."

"From what?"

"Working out. I did some yoga and then cardio downstairs." She said nonchalantly.

I started to blink rapidly as I brought my hand up to the side of my head. I was trying to make sense of what she was saying but it was hard. I remember going to sleep after her book pissed me off and now she's in the bathroom telling me that she's been working out for hours.

"We went to sleep at like twelve when did you get up?"

"I never went to sleep. I took a call and then I went downstairs." She said in an obvious annoyed tone.

I watched as she hopped down off the counter and then walked past me to go back into her room. I was confused by her attitude. Again it's two in the morning and I wasn't the one acting weird.

"What's the attitude for?" I asked as I followed her into her closet. "What's all the questions for?"

She didn't even turn to look at me when she said it. She kept her back towards me as she searched through her drawers. My eyes squinted at her as I tried to figure her out.

I came up with nothing and let out a loud huff as I tried to strategies my next moves. I loved Kandi and I'd do anything for her but this constant battle between me and her wall was starting to grow old.

I didn't know what to expect ever. We could got to sleep happy and wake up the next day to her shutting me out again. It was exhausting.

All I knew was I was invested in this relationship and I promised to help her so that's exactly what I was going to do.

"If you'd give me a solid answer to any of my questions then maybe I'd stop asking them?"

"Fine. My attitude is coming from being consistently questioned." She said once again with her back still turned to me.

Without thinking I approached her and spun her around so quick she didn't have time to process what happened. "Tamika?!"

"Yes? You finally realize who the fuck you're talking to?"

Her eyes rolled as she sat her gaze to the side of the closet. I dropped my head, chuckling, as I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Am I over there?"

"Get out of my face!" She yelled this time. I leaned my head back a little shocked at her tone before stepping even closer to her.

I raised my hand and grabbed her chin, turning her head until our gazes met once again. She was glaring at me as if that was going to do something.