seven.

Kandi

"I'm going to gain so much weight if you keep feeding me like this." I sighed dramatically as I lifted my fork to my mouth.

Tamika invited me over to her house for dinner. So instead of spending hours going through my writings we settled in for a nice dinner that she cooked with low lights and candles around us.

It seemed very romantic to the outside eye but to us it was just a dinner.

I hadn't made any points to move forward after us kissing because I was afraid of having the conversation. I wanted this little bond we've had lately to last forever but it seemed to me that it wouldn't.

I knew deep down she still beloved I left her and I was comfortable with that because I wasn't ready to tell her the truth.

"Well you better hit the gym. Cooking is my love language." She shrugged.

"What's your actual love language?" I asked and her brows furrowed before she shrugged.

"I don't know.."

I gasped, "You haven't taken the quiz?" I asked to which she shook her head in response.

"I'm a grown ass woman.." She laughed in between her bites of steak.

"So? What are you allergic to fun? I'm making you take it later. It's not even long."

"Okay. Well what's yours?" She asked.

"Physical touch.." I replied before resuming eating the food in front of me. "Of course it is." She laughed.

"It's not always sexual. I just really enjoy things like cuddling, or massages, or holding hands." I explained and she nodded.

"What are the other ones?" She asked and I stared listing them off with an explanation for each before she spoke up again.

"Mine is probably acts of service. I like doing things for people."

"Well when you take the quiz later we'll see.." I replied and she nodded once again.

A few moments of silence passed as we both enjoyed the food in front of before she spoke up again.

"So...I know we've both been avoiding the obvious but I really don't want to keep walking on egg shells with you."

"Why would you be walking on egg shells? I thought we were good." I said.

"We are." She stopped and grabbed my hand form across the table before continuing. "We're better than good but we both know that we have to talk about why I was so angry in the first place? Which led to you thinking you couldn't ask me about the book.."

"I knew I couldn't ask you because you were still angry about me leaving but—"

"—Why'd you leave? I know you were freshly out of a relationship but I would've been patient and we could've went at your pace.." She cut me off.

"I was under a lot of pressure and I didn't know how to explain how I was feeling to you. " I said.

"Pressure from me?"

"No, not from you—I felt pressure my own thoughts. I should've communicated better with you and I didn't so that's on me." I clarified.

"You know I would've been there for you regardless but I just felt rejected and embarrassed."

"I know—and I'm sorry. I'm not good at tough conversations. I thought I already ruined it when I pushed you off of me.."

"You didn't, though.." She sighed.