thirty-six

4 months laterTamika

4 months later
Tamika

"I'm glad I took that picture y'all look so cute.." I liked as I watched Kandi bounce around our pool holding Maia, who was giggling as always.

Maia was such a happy baby. It was refreshing to see her always giggling and rarely crying unless she was hungry. I wish we could ensure she'd always be happy but of course life is life.

Something Kandi and I didn't have control over. All we could do was be the best mothers to her and always be there. Which was the easiest part of the job in my opinion. 

"You hear that Maia-Bia! We look cute.." Kandi said as Maia giggled once again.

We were enjoying the last few hot days before fall some in full effect in Atlanta. I decided to use our new grill Kandi got me as a push present and grill for us. We were enjoying the nice warm weather while swimming and eating the barbecue I cooked.

I walked back over to the grill and removed my lemon garlic butter shrimp to bring over to the table. "You wanna come eat?" I asked Kandi and she nodded.

I walked over to the edge of the pool, grabbing Maia so she was able to get out of the pool. I walked back over to our patio area and sat with Maia on my lap.

I watched Kandi dry off before walking I've tried the table. We began to dig in and I had to say I out did myself with the food. Considering it was only Kandi and I, the amount of food I made would last for a while.

"This is so good! Thanks babyy.."

"You're welcome, Princess." I smiled back as we ate. The sun began to sat and it became slightly chilly so we decided to move inside.

After we were finished eating, Kandi took Maia to get her ready for bed and I went back outside to clean up.

Once I was done I walked into the nursery to find Kandi changing Maia into her pajamas. We sisters places allowing Kandi to finish cleaning the nursery while I fed her.

Maia fell asleep after I burped her and I laid her into her crib. We made sure the baby monitor was working before venturing off to our room. Currently Maia was down to waking up only twice a night which awarded us a lot more sleep at night.

"Shower with me?" Kandi asked with a smile as she grabbed my hand and led us towards our bedroom.

"Of course.." I smirked.

We settled into the shower letting the warm water run over our skin. Kandi stood in front of me adjusting the shower head as stood behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist.