thirty-four.

8 months later...
Kandi

I let out a sigh as I finally rested my body against the bed, shut my eyes, and rubbed my feet together. Just as I began to lull myself to sleep I felt Tamika nudging me.

"Baby.." She whined. I internally groaned before mumbling a 'hm' in response. "I need some water can you get it please?"

I sighed before kicking my feet out of the bed and going to grab the water. Having a pregnant wife sometimes felt like I was the one pregnant but I wouldn't change it for anything.

Tamika was now five months pregnant, something I was very grateful for after our emotional journey. After two rounds of IVF and a miscarriages we gave up hope.

It wasn't until a few months later that we decided to try again but with Tamika. After two rounds she was pregnant. Months later she is six months and driving me insane.

I turned the corner into her our room and was immediately met with sniffles. I placed the water on her side of the bed before sitting down next to her. I was not use to this.

"What's wrong babe?"

"I'm getting on your nerves and I don't mean to." She sniffled. "You're not getting in my nerves—"

"—Then why did you groan?!" She cut me off with a yell. "I didn't mean too. I'm just tired.." I rubbed her back as I wiped her tears.

"You think I'm not tired from carrying your child!" She pointed at my chest just as she said your. "No I didn't say that—"

"—So now you're calling me a liar?!" Huh?!

"How about we go get some ice cream?" I said as an attempt to distract her. Thankfully, it worked. Her eyes lit up as she nodded and I helped her out of the bed.

"Thank you, Princess. I'm sorry for crying." She said as she ate her ice cream in the passenger seat. "It's okay, love. Is it good?" She nodded and I smiled.

Considering how much I've cried since she's known me I think that I can handle nine months of unfiltered emotions. Especially considering I wasn't even pregnant, I just like to cry.

We drove around for a while as she finished up her ice cream and watched the sunset. I wasn't concerned with how crazy she drove me, I just wanted to do everything within my power to ensure she had a peaceful pregnancy.

_______
The next day...

"Thank you Princess." She smiled as I rubbed cocoa butter massage lotion across her stomach.

"You're welcome.." I smiled in returns before leaning forward to kiss her. I kissed her as I continue to rub my hands along her swollen belly.

"Mm—pregnancy looks so good on you.." I mumbled as I pulled away from the kiss. This was far from a lie. Her beautiful chocolate skin glowed and her smile was so radiant.

Before she could reply we both felt the baby kick suddenly. "Ow!" She winced.

"Baby Scott must want me to hurry up." I laughed before kissing her belly. "Baby Scott is going straight to soccer with these damn kicks." She laughed causing me to laugh even harder.

I passed Tamika her tights and stood up to grab my slippers. Today we were decorating our babies nursery. Everything would be gender neutral for now because we planned to be surprised with the gender at birth.

I was convinced we were having a boy while Tamika was convinced it was a girl. Either way it didn't matter but it was just a feeling we both had. Our nursery colors were earth tones, so we chose a lot of tan and brown furniture while adding green accents.