eighteen.

Kandi

I groaned as the sound a phone singing woke me from my sleep. I stretched as my eyes adjusted to the light and noticed I was in bed alone. I heard the shower so I figured that's where she was.

I looked over on the nightstand to see it was Tamika's phone that was being consistently blown up.

Don't look. Don't look. Don't look.

I threw my head back against the pillows as I tried to lull myself back to sleep. I groaned in frustration again as her phone chimed back to back once again.

"Cause who the fuck?!" I chuckled to myself as I reached over to grab her phone.

It was a random number that wasn't saved but through the twenty messages she sent I found out her name was Tiffany. I decided to tell this girl to shut up so I could go back to sleep.

: Don't text this phone again unless you want a one way ticket to hell.

Tiffany: woww you really acting different Mika

: This isn't Mika bitch.

I laughed to myself before blocking her number. I don't know who she was but as soon as Tamika finishes her shower I'll find out.

I was able to sleep for a couple of minutes before I woke up to see Tamika fully dressed sitting at the end of her bed. I waited until our eyes met before I beckoned her closer.

"What?" She smiled as she crawled over to me. She hovered over me and I leaned up to grab her face. I returned a smile as while before my grip on her face tightened.

"Ow! What the—"

"—Who is Tiffany?" I asked as I cut her off. Confusion flashed through her eyes before she started explaining herself.

"Ow! My sister's friend. Why?" She said as she moved my hand off of her face. "She was blowing your phone up."

"She doesn't even have my number...let me see." She reached for my phone but I slid it across the bed out of her reach.

"Check her because I already said I would sen her to hell." I shrugged causing her to laugh and move from over top of me.

"You know I don't care about nobody but you so don't start with me. Let me see my phone.." She reached for it again and this time I allowed her.

"I blocked her so it's really nothing to see." I laughed. "I'm about to ask my sister how she got my number. And you need to chill the fuck out.." She pointed her finger at me as I continued to laugh.

"No, Tiffany needs to chill out." I laughed again and she just stared at me in shock.

"Come with me to work today.." She said trying her best attempt at changing the subject.

"Will Tiffany be there?"

"Kandi leave me alone." She replied before getting up from the bed. "I'll come a little later. I don't want to sit there all day.."

She nodded before pecking my lips and leaving my house. After she left I ended going back k to sleep and waking up an hour later.

I showered, got dressed for the day, and then went to Tamika's restaurant. By the time I got there they were open and it was fairly busy for a Monday afternoon.

"Hey baby.." I heard before looking up to see Tamika. I greeted her before allowing her to lead me to her office.

I hadn't been in here since that day I showed up unannounced. The energy felt different with us being in a relationship of course. I was able to look around this time and notice how cute it was.