six.

One week later...
Tamika

Kandi: Did you finish your pile, ma'am?

: No, I have not. I was going to ask if I can come over and we finish up together..

Kandi: That's fine. Bring food please 🙂

: No🫶🏾

Kandi: I'll take cajun seafood pasta this time!

"Smiling, while texting? That's almost not like you!" I heard a familiar voice say as I looked up to see my sister in the doorway holding a cup of coffee.

I was buried in my work currently because I've been neglecting it to go through Kandi's files and text Kandi endlessly. It was beginning to become a problem.

"What's up sis? What are doing here?" I asked.

"Nothing much. Mama's birthday is coming up and she keeps dropping hints about a party so I thought we could get started on planning.."

"Ugh—a party?"

"Yeah she said she doesn't want anything big but she wants to get dressed up and dance." She sighed as she handed me a cup of coffee and sat across from me.

"Damn you seem really busy.." She noted taking in the loads of paperwork in front of me.

"I am. My work is becoming too much and I still need to interview a new hostess because right now I'm understaffed. Which is not fair to my other employees.." I sighed as I took a sip of the coffee she brought.

"Ugh—this shit is cheap" I said as I gagged and threw the coffee into my trash can. "Boujee ass. This is good coffee!" She replied before taking a sip of her's.

"But fine I'll get started on the planning and send you stuff to approve—"

"—Just tell me a price you know I'm not good with planning."

"Fair enough. I'll make a guest list and send out invitations at the end of the week. Have a good rest of your day sister and I'm never buying you anything ever again.."

"Good! Keep your cheap ass coffee.." I said before gagging again at the taste in her mouth.

____

I walked inside Kandi's house as she closed the door behind me and grabbed the bags of food out of my hands.

"Damn—no hey or nothing. Just straight to the food?"

"I'm sorry I'm starving right now...but, hey, thank you for the food I really appreciate it.."

"You're welcome but maybe you should stop starving yourself. I don't know though that's just an idea.." I said as we walked side by side to her kitchen.

She playfully shoved my arm before walking ahead of me. I completely stopped in my tracks as her shirt raised slightly and I got a glimpse of her ass peaking from under it.

I tore my eyes away against my will and tried to focus my attention onto anything else. By now I knew where everything was so we moved throughout the kitchen in perfect harmony.

I grabbed the plates and the glasses while she put the food onto the plates for the both of us. I poured her some tea and I got water for myself.

We sat at the table this time to eat and I watched as she sat a file in front of her to look through it. I reached across the table and grabbed the file before closing it.

"Just eat. We'll work later.."

"Fine." She said before picking up her fork to eat the pasta I brought from my restaurant.