twenty-one.

May 16th
2:00 am
Kandi

Annoyed didn't begin to describe how I was feeling at the moment. My eyes were heavy from lack of sleep. I was overstimulated by Tamika's continuous need to rush me.

And to top everything off it was early in the morning and I was preparing to go to an undisclosed location. I tried to find it in me to be grateful because I truly was but I was also tired.

I yawned, as my paddle brush ripped through the body wave bundles in my hair as I heard Tamika sigh dramatically for what seemed like the tenth time. "Rushing me isn't going to make me move faster." I mumbled.

"We have a flight to catch which I already told you, yet you want to sit here and argue with me about it. Get your shit together and come on.." She said practically hovering over my shoulder.

"Nobody wants to argue but I also don't want you breathing down my neck." I looked at her out of the corner of my eye as she stood nearly in my skin at this point.

She purposefully blew some air on to my neck causing me to glare at her through the mirror.
"What you want me to back up?" She looked down at me and I just continued to glare at her.

"What do you think?!"

I pushed past her, leaving her standing in the bathroom alone. Once I grabbed my shoes, I sat on the edge of the bed watching as Tamika left out of the room with our suitcases.

I finished putting on my shoes before walking out the bedroom and going downstairs. The living room was empty leading me to the driveway where Tamika was waiting for me outside of an Uber.

Once we were both inside we were both quiet except for an occasional 'mmhm' from Tamika as our driver talked our ears off. I wish he would read room and shut the fuck up.

We pulled up to the airport and he helped us with our bags. I carried my carry on as Tamika wheeled both of our suitcases.

We made it through TSA and finally were at our gate. I was so annoyed and tired I didn't even pay attention to the destination. We boarded the plane and I immediately pulled out my blanket.

I sat in my seat uncomfortably as I tried to rest my head on the window so I could go to sleep, but I was far too uncomfortable. I adjusted myself probably a good ten times before Tamika spoke up.

"Just lay on shoulder.." Tamika said after I spent several minutes moving around in my seat.

I sighed before resting my head on her shoulder and getting comfortable immediately. Her arm wrapped around me and I draped mine across her lap. She just felt so soft and comfortable.

I looked up at her and her eyes were closed with her head while resting on the headrest. "I'm still mad at you.." I mumbled.

"Then stop talking to me." She mumbled back.

______
7:30 am

When we got off the plane I read the sign that said 'Calgary International Airport' and next to it was a sign that said 'Welcome to Canada'. I wouldn't have guessed she would bring me here of all places. I actually have always wanted to come but I never even told her that.

I was happy but I still wasn't talking to her.

The next thing I knew she was pulling a coat out of her carry on. She helped me put the coat on while there was still no words said between us. I was surprised she hadn't broken the silence yet.

Usually she would make me talk to her, not being able to stand me not talking to her. However, now she was reflecting my attitude. It was humbling. Especially knowing she planned this entire trip for me.