twenty-nine.

Tamika

"—And then Trina kept talking my head off about some guy she's been seeing.." I trailed off as I ranted to Kandi.

I was lying on her chest as her thumb stroked my cheek. I kept talking until I looked up and touched her attention wasn't even on me. She was laughing at something on her phone while typing.

I rolled my eyes as I snatched her phone and read what was on her screen. Her smile dropped as I moved off of her.

"Tamika, what are you doing?"

"Trying to figure out who's more important than listening to me.." I pushed her away from me as she tried to grab the phone.

I internally groaned seeing she was texting the woman who's been helping her with her toy line, Desiree. I swear that bitch wants to fuck her and seeing her smile like that only makes my suspicions worse.

I handed the phone back to her not even caring to take a look at the messages. I knew if I saw one thing I didn't like I would've went insane. It was already late, that was the last thing I needed.

"Tamika?" I heard her call out to me as I rolled over and turned the lamp off on my side. She aggressively nudged my shoulder as she called out to me once again.

"What?" I groaned, closing my eyes. "Don't act like that. It was just business stuff.."

"It's not business hours so you and your business partner need to keep it the fuck cute," I replied and snuggled into my pillow further.

"Tamika, are you really mad right now?"

I ignored her as I tried to lull myself to sleep. She eventually gave up mumbling a 'fine' under her breath and turning over mirroring my position.

She turned off her lamp as well leaving the room pitch black. If it wasn't for the constant sound of her tossing and turning I would have never known she was having trouble sleeping.

I rolled my eyes, with a deep sigh and turned over to pull her into my chest. "I don't like being ignored. Especially because of some bitch who's stealing your attention away from me."

"She's not stealing my attention baby. She had an idea and I just so happened to see it. I really liked the idea so I responded, but you're right next time I'll wait until I have a free moment.."

"Okay.." I couldn't help the smile that formed on my face. I can see why Kandi is always a brat it's rewarding.

The next morning I woke up and got ready for work. I needed to stop through both of my restaurants, and my food truck and meet with this production company to talk about hopefully coming out with my line of cookware and seasonings.

I got dressed in a black jumpsuit and some heels before attempting to curl my hair. I wasn't the best at curling my hair but I didn't want to wake Kandi up just to do my hair. Even if I knew she would.

To my surprise and delight, I turned to find her watching me from the doorway of the bathroom. She laughed at my attempt to wrap my hair around the curling iron.

"Sit down I'll do it after I brush my teeth." She smiled. "Thank you, my love.."

"Mmhm—how'd you sleep?"

"Pretty good. I had dreams about you." I smirked at her. "What about me?" She raised an eyebrow at me before beginning to brush her teeth.

"We were making love. You kept telling me that I wasn't close enough to you no matter how close I got to you. No matter where I touched or how I touched you still wanted more. So I gave you everything and you were begging me to keep going. It keeps playing over and over in my head.." I kept ranting about it my passionate dream as Kandi stared back at me with the same passion hidden in her eyes.