27

The soft rays of the morning sun filtered through the curtains, Mingyu slowly stirred from his slumber. Stretching lazily, he extended his arm to pull her close, only to realize the space beside him was empty.

Furrowing his brows in mild confusion, Mingyu blinked away the remnants of sleep, his mind gradually registering Yn's absence. A flicker of concern sparked within him as he sat up, scanning the room, half-expecting to find her in the bathroom or perhaps in the living room, engaged in an early morning activity.

His heart began to race a bit faster as he couldn't locate her in the usual spots. A sense of worry crept in, and he quickly checked the bathroom, calling out her name softly, hoping for a response that didn't come.

With growing unease, Mingyu hurried to the living room, his eyes darting around in search of any sign of Yn. But the room was empty, the peaceful morning only accentuated by the lack of her presence.

Panic started to claw at Mingyu's chest as he realized Yn was nowhere to be found. He reached for his phone, his fingers fumbling slightly as he dialed her number, his heart pounding in his chest. The ringing filled the room, but the sound seemed distant as the realization hit him—her phone was still in their room.

The worry surged within him as he tried to remain composed while his mind raced with possibilities. Mingyu's concern for Yn's safety intensified with every passing moment, each unanswered ring amplifying his fear.

Frantically, he retraced his steps, his mind racing through scenarios, his eyes searching the residence, hoping to catch a glimpse of her, to hear her voice, anything that would ease the growing fear knotting in his stomach.

The seconds felt like an eternity as Mingyu's heart thudded loudly in his ears. He couldn't shake the sense of panic that gripped him, the fear of not knowing where Yn could be.

His thoughts were a whirlwind of worry, wondering if she had gone out without informing him, or if something unforeseen had happened. The uncertainty gnawed at him.

Mingyu's mind raced with worry and worst-case scenarios, his concern for Yn escalating with each passing second. In his desperation, he took a deep breath, trying to steady his nerves, and decided to search the residence once more, hoping to find any trace of her or a clue to her whereabouts.

Mingyu's heart was pounding as he dashed around the residence, his steps quickening with every passing moment of uncertainty. Panic knotted in his chest, his mind racing through every possible scenario of what could have happened to Yn.

He burst through the doors that led to the poolside area, his eyes scanning the space urgently. And there, sitting by the pool, was Yn. The relief that washed over him was immediate, eclipsing the fear and worry that had been gripping him just moments before.

However, the rush of emotions quickly gave way to a surge of anger and concern. Mingyu's voice was filled with a mix of frustration and relief as he shouted out, "Yn, what the hell are you doing here?" The words, laden with concern, echoed in the still morning air, his voice tinged with worry that had momentarily transformed into anger at her sudden disappearance.

Yn, taken aback by Mingyu's sudden outburst, flinched at the sound of his voice. Her initial shock was evident in her wide-eyed expression as she turned to face him, her own emotions a mix of surprise and confusion.

Before she could utter a word, Mingyu's anger melted away almost instantly, replaced by an overwhelming wave of relief. He rushed towards her and enveloped her in a tight hug, his arms securing her close as if to ensure she wouldn't vanish again.

"I was worried sick, Yn" he murmured, his voice filled with a blend of relief, concern, and affection. Mingyu's fear for her safety and his relief at finding her safe and sound were palpable in his embrace.