49

Hours passed, and the members of Seventeen had checked every hospital in the area, only to come up empty-handed. They were beginning to lose hope, to believe that the girl they had been searching for had been taken away from them forever.

As the sun began to rise, they gathered back at the apartment, exhausted both physically and emotionally. Mingyu was still in shock, unable to process what had happened. The other members did their best to comfort him, but they were just as lost and confused as he was.

Seungcheol spoke "where she could be?... She's not in any of the hospitals!"

"We need to think... Where would she go if she wasn't here?" DK asked, running a hand through his hair.

"I don't know..." Mingyu sobbed. "I..i.. just want to see her"

The members exchanged glances, feeling just as helpless as Mingyu. They had no idea where she could be, or how they were supposed to find her. Hours passed, and still there was no sign of YN. They were all beginning to lose hope, to think that they might never see her again.

Jeonghan was thinking something deeply . He suddenly stood up and said "I think we should check with her friends? Mingyu,do you know her friends?"

Mingyu slowly nodded and said "I ... know... But I don't have their number..."

"I can go to university and..." Mingyu said , sniffling. "I mean, I'll talk to her friends there...if they know where she is.."

They nodded, feeling a tiny glimmer of hope. "Alright..."

Time skip

Mingyu was waiting for Niki and Heeseung in the university 's cafe. He was feeling guilty for what had happened. He had never thought that he would be the reason why YN was in that condition. He had never thought that he would lose her. He kept thinking about what he could have done differently.

Suddenly he noticed Heeseung was walking by....."Heeseung!!" Mingyu shouted  and ran after him.

"Heeseung... I'm sorry about that day... I... I don't know how to say this but... Do.. you somehow know where she is?

"Heeseung, I... I really need to find her. Please help me." Mingyu's voice broke, tears streaming down his face. He clutched Heeseung's arm, desperation and fear clear in his eyes.

Heeseung looked at Mingyu for a moment, his expression conflicted. Finally, he sighed and said, "Look, Mingyu Hyung.. I don't know where she is."

"But... Um....She's in a safe place. She'll be fine." He hesitated for a moment before continuing, "right now, the best thing you can do is focus on yourself and You don't want to make things worse for her, do you?"

"What do you mean!!!!" Mingyu felt his heart drop. "Where is she?! I have to see her! Please, Heeseung, you have to tell me!" he begged, his voice shaking.

"I.. don't know!" Heeseung replied.

"She's not in Seoul," Niki chimed in, walking up to them. "Let's go Heeseung!" Niki pulled Heeseung by his arm.

Mingyu felt his heart sink even further. "But... but how do you know?" he managed to ask, his voice barely above a whisper.

Niki glanced at Mingyu before looking back at Heeseung. "I just know," she replied, a look of determination in her eyes. "Come on, Heeseung, let's go." With that, they both walked away, leaving Mingyu alone in the cafe.

Mingyu sat down at a table, his mind reeling. He didn't know what to do or where to go. He felt lost and helpless, like a piece of driftwood adrift on an endless sea. His phone rang, and he saw it was from the other members of Seventeen.
"Hello, Mingyu did you find out?" Hoshi asked from the phone .