39

Weeks have passed since the night she can't seem to forget. Mingyu has been nothing but supportive, always showing her love and affection.

But there's an undercurrent of pain and suffering in his eyes that Yn can't help but notice.

She tries to push it away, telling herself that it's all in her head, but she knows deep down that something isn't right.

Hoshi is always trying to make Yn laugh, telling her jokes that sometimes make her smile, even though it's forced. Seungcheol has become extra sweet, bringing her flowers and chocolate , trying to show her how much they cares.

But no one else seems to notice the distance between Mingyu and Yn, or the way his eyes linger on her just a little too long before drifting away.

The only one who does notice is Jeonghan. He's seen the way Mingyu looks at Yn, the way his expression softens when she's around. He's seen the way she tries to hide her pain, how she clings to Mingyu even though it's obvious it hurts her.

He knows something isn't right, but he doesn't want to interfere. He doesn't want to make things worse.

One day, he decides to confront Mingyu about it. They're in the garden behind Seventeen residence, tending to the flowers. The sun is shining brightly, casting a warm glow over everything. Mingyu is wearing a pair of faded jeans and a loose t-shirt, his hair tied back in a messy ponytail.

"Hey, Mingyu. You okay?" Jeonghan asks, trying to sound casual as he pulls up a small stool and sits down beside him. Mingyu glances over at him, a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

"Yeah, I'm fine"
Mingyu's voice is strained, and Jeonghan can tell he's not being entirely truthful.

"You don't have to pretend with me, you know. If something's wrong, you can tell me," Jeonghan says gently.

He leans back on his hands,  watching Mingyu carefully. The older man takes a deep breath before exhaling slowly, his shoulders slumping for a moment.

"It's just... with everything that's been going on, I feel like I'm not being the best husband to her," Mingyu admits, his gaze fixed on the ground between his feet. "I want to make her happy, but I can't help but feel like I'm just making things worse."

Jeonghan reaches out and places a hand on Mingyu's shoulder, offering what comfort he can. "I know it's not easy"

He pauses, searching for the right words, "but you have to remember that she's still here with you. And she chose to be with you. She loves you, Mingyu....I think sometimes, we just need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture."

"Yeah?" Mingyu says, looking up at Jeonghan with a hint of hope in his eyes.

"You're right. I just... I just want to make her happy, you know? I want her to forget about everything that happened."

Jeonghan nods, understanding where Mingyu is coming from.

"I know that feeling. It's tough, but I think the most important thing is to just be there for her, you know? Let her know that you love her and that you're going to support her no matter what."

Mingyu sighs heavily, his shoulders slumping even further.
"I know, but it's hard not to think about it. Every time I see her, every time she looks at me... I can't help but wonder if she's still thinking about...."