40

YN finishes making breakfast and carries the tray into the dining room, forcing a bright smile on her face.

Seventeen's members notices her efforts but they're used to seeing her like this; they've never seen her truly unhappy. Even though Mingyu is sitting at the table, he doesn't acknowledge her presence.

She sets the tray down and begins to serve the pancakes, chatting and laughing with the other members as if nothing is wrong.

Inside, she's a mess. Her heart feels like it's been torn out and stomped on, and she can't even cry anymore.

The numbness is suffocating, and she doesn't know how much longer she can fake this happiness. But she does it for the others, for Seventeen, because they deserve to see her smile, even if it's forced.

"Yn, you're looking really pale. Are you feeling okay?" Seungcheol asks, concerned. YN forces a laugh, trying to reassure him.

"Oh, I'm fine, Cheolie oppa~
...Just a little tired, that's all." YN replies, forcing a smile. She's exhausted, but she can't bring herself to sleep.

The numbness in her chest feels like a knife, twisting and turning with every beat of her heart. She lies awake all night, unable to sleep, her thoughts spinning out of control. Mingyu hasn't come back to their room, and she doesn't know where he is. She's too afraid to ask anyone, afraid of what it might do to their already fragile relationship.

She spends the night tossing and turning, the weight of Mingyu's anger and hurt pressing down on her.

Finally, when the first light of dawn creeps through the curtains, she gives up on sleep and gets out of bed. YN pads across the room and sits down at the vanity, staring at her reflection in the mirror. Her eyes are red-rimmed from crying, her skin pale and drawn. She doesn't recognize the person looking back at her.

The numbness that had settled over her heart during the night begins to fade, replaced by a searing pain that feels like it's tearing her apart from the inside out. She tries to focus on making breakfast.

"Noona!!! Today's pancakes are the best" Dino exclaims, shoveling the fluffy pancakes into his mouth. YN smiles, forcing herself to look happy even though she feels hollow inside.

"Thanks, Dino. I'm glad you like them." She replies, her voice sounding more forced than usual. Dino gives her another bright smile, and she feels a twinge of guilt for lying to him. She knows that if she could be honest with anyone, it would be Dino.

Throughout the meal, Jeonghan keeps noticing but doesn't say anything. He can see the pain in her eyes,   the way she tries to force a smile even when it looks so forced. He knows that something is wrong, but he doesn't want to push her too much. After breakfast, the other members begin to prepare for their university  schedule, while YN cleans up the kitchen. Jeonghan follows her, wanting to talk to her in private.

"Hey, YN... are you okay?" he asks, his voice gentle. She looks up at him,   her eyes filled with tears, and shakes her head. "No, I'm not.

"I know something's wrong. You haven't been yourself lately. Is it about Mingyu? Has something happened between you two?" He asks carefully, trying not to make her feel worse. YN looks down at the floor, her shoulders slumping.

"It's complicated... We had a fight... I don't know how to explain it.."

"No need to explain yn...get ready for university " Jeonghan looks at her, his eyes filled with concern. He can see the pain she's going through.

"I'll be okay, Jeonghan... I just need some time." She manages a small smile, trying to reassure him. But he can see right through it. "Go ahead and get ready for your classes." Jeonghan said.