38

Yn, I need some time to process this," he finally said, his voice steady despite the turmoil within him. "I need to figure out what I feel and what I want. Can you please give me some space?"

Her head snapped up, her eyes wide with shock and fear.
She started sobbing hard , her shoulders shaking uncontrollably.
"I'm sorry, Mingyu, I'm so sorry"

"No, it's not your fault" he said, taking her hand in his. "I know that. I just need some time to figure out how to deal with this."

He was feeling like his heart was being ripped apart.

"But I want you to know that I love you, Love. I love you so much"  His voice cracked as he said it, and he wiped away her tears with his thumbs even though  they were falling even harder.

"I don't know what happened last night, and I...I...don't...want to know.." his voice breaking.

Yn sobbed even harder, her body shaking as she tried to catch her breath. She clung to him, burying her face in his chest. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry mingyu I'm really sorry!"

Mingyu felt like his heart was being torn in two. He couldn't take the pain.
He loves his Yn insanely, more than anything in the world, but the thought of her being with someone else...it was too much.

He tried to push the image away, but it lingered in the back of his mind, taunting him.

He held her close, wishing he could take away her pain, wishing he could erase the memories that haunted them both.

"I love you, Yn," he whispered.

"I shouldn't have left you alone for the washroom last night" Mingyu  said, the guilt eating him up.

He knew he should've stayed with her, protected her from whatever or whoever had happened.

Yn was crying like  she's never cried before. She hates herself for what she did....

Mingyu holds her, trying to comfort her. He can feel her guilt and disgust, and it's tearing him apart too.

He doesn't want to show it, though. He needs to be strong for her. But the pain inside him is unbearable.

kissing her forehead, "You were drunk, you don't remember what happened. It's not your fault."

She looks up at him, her face a mask of pain and self-loathing. "But I do remember...some of it...I remember being with h... " Her voice cracks fresh tears spill down her cheeks. "

Mingyu's heart twists at her words. He wants to tell her it's not her fault, but he can't bring himself to say the words out loud.

He is fighting with his own pain , trying to keep it hidden, while Yn breaks down in front of him. He doesn't want her to suffer any more than she already is.

Her words echo in his head, and he can't help but feel like a piece of him has died. The pain is unbearable, but he can't let her see it.

He can't let her feel like she's the one who has hurt him the most. He swallows hard, trying to keep his emotions in check.

"It's going to be okay, Love. We'll get through this together," he says, his voice steady even though his heart feels like it's being ripped out of his chest.

"I know I should've been there with you last night. I should've protected you"

Yn looks up at him, her red-rimmed eyes filled with pain. She reaches up, wiping away a tear that has escaped down his cheek, and whispers, "I'm so sorry, Mingyu."

Mingyu's heart aches as he looks down at her, feeling the weight of their situation pressing down on them like a leaden blanket.

He wants nothing more than to hold her close and forget everything that's happened, but he can't shake the image of her with another man.