36

The tension in the Seventeen Residence lingered.

Jeonghan's absence, tied to something important, left a void that only added to the turmoil.

Mingyu, physically and emotionally drained, remained seated, staring into the abyss of the unknown.
The once-familiar haven of camaraderie now stood as a stark reflection of the emotional storm that had enveloped its inhabitants.

The weight of silence matched the anxiety gripping each member's heart.

Seungcheol, taking on the role of a reluctant leader in these dire moments, declared, "We can't afford to remain idle. We need to gather information—check if anyone has seen YN or knows anything about where she might be."

The members dispersed, feverishly reaching out to contacts and friends who attended the event.

Phones buzzed incessantly with messages, yet each notification brought only a crushing disappointment. With every passing minute, the tangible tension in the air thickened, exacerbating the sense of helplessness that pervaded the room.

Wonwoo, recognizing the torment in Mingyu's eyes, approached him, placing a gentle but reassuring hand on his shoulder. "We're doing everything we can, Mingyu. We won't rest until we find YN."

Mingyu, unable to contain the tempest of emotions within him, sank into a couch. His mind was a tempest, a whirlwind of fear, guilt, and desperation. "I can't bear this. We need to find her," he mumbled, his voice trembling with the weight of emotion.

Seungcheol, empathetic to Mingyu's turmoil, sat down beside him, offering a comforting presence. "We will, Mingyu. Hold on. We're in this together."

***************

Yn, devastated and lost, found herself wandering aimlessly through the hot sunlight.

Each step she took felt heavier than the last, as if her heart had been replaced by a leaden weight. She didn't know where she was going; all she knew was that she needed to get away from the pain that had consumed her.

The world around her seemed to fade into a hazy blur, and all that remained was the crushing guilt that threatened to crush her from the inside out.

She couldn't shake the thing she did , the pain she caused. It was like a knife, slicing through her heart with each step she took, making it impossible to breathe. Her thoughts were a whirlwind of confusion and despair, and she felt as if she were drowning in the guilt that threatened to consume her.

Her hair was messy and her eyes red from crying. The world around her seemed to spin out of control, as if she were trapped in a never-ending cycle of pain and guilt.

Yn walked aimlessly, feeling as if she were nothing more than a shadow of her former self.

Her thoughts were a jumbled mess..."I'm sorry mingyu... I'm sorry." She kept repeating to herself , her voice barely audible above the sound of her own footsteps. The weight of her guilt felt like an anchor around her neck, pulling her further and further down into the depths of despair.

Yn found herself wandering towards a bridge, the water below whispering seductively to her, promising relief from the pain. She thought of how she could do it, how she could just end it all and make everything go away.