𝐀 𝐌𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐲 ♡

Hello everyone!

After around a year of planning, writing, re-writing, becoming depressed, and more, the time is finally here. After a year of struggling with the concept of this novel, I'm proud to present my latest baby - Liberation: Oscar's Story. 

Now, I know you guys want to get into the story, but before that, I'd like to do a little backstory of this novel's process, because I feel like this deserves an explanation for why it took so long to finally publish. 

This book is a continuation of my previous novel, Freeing Anvi, which followed Oscar's aunt, Anvi, as she met and fell in love with Jackson Gage, the Alpha King. I should note that this book can be read as a stand-alone, but reading the previous book is helpful to understand some of the lore that's not explained in the beginning (also it helps me out :D)

Anyway, Freeing Anvi finished I believe in September or October of last year, and after that, while I was still hyping over my second Wattpad novel, I announced that I'd be writing a sequel centered on Oscar and his shot at true love. Of course, I had no idea what to write for that story, but as I said before, I was still flying high on all the support I had gotten for the first book.😅

Admittedly, this novel took much longer than expected, even though the writing itself only took about three months. For some reason, I had gotten attached to Oscar, despite him being a secondary character in the first novel, and I wanted to do his story justice. 

I'll admit, I'm an amalgamation of a planner and a panster. I don't know why. I just get ideas in my head and roll with it. Because of that fault of mine, though, Oscar's story took a year to write, and throughout that year it went through six rewrites. My longest draft was around 50,000 words when I scrapped it. Tis the life of a writer, sadly 🥲😂

When my last draft was scrapped, I became depressed. I had struggled with depression for years, starting my freshman year of high school, and it spiraled from there. I won't go too into detail with it because I'm sure it's of no interest to you 😅but suffice to say that I wasn't in the best headspace. Thankfully, I had the support of my friends and family, as well as my Wattpad friends, all of whom I will thank separately in the next chapter. I got back on my medication and took a break from writing, searching for novels to read instead and focusing on my schoolwork. 

As I recuperated, I began thinking again of Oscar's story, and what I could do to make it work. I was passionate about Oscar, because I felt like he had a story to tell, and he didn't get enough time to do that in the first story. I'll admit, Oscar's story has a closer place in my heart than Anvi's, but I also wrote Anvi's story when I was fourteen and still working on my craft (though I'm still improving to this day). 

Eventually, I began writing again, first working on other novels (Bound By Deception and Us Against the World, my two other babies 😋) before finally promising to myself to work on Oscar's story. Funnily enough, I keep referring to the novel throughout this page as Oscar's story, because, for the longest time, that's what I called it in my head. Originally, I had decided to title it, Oscar's Obsession, but that was when Oscar was a completely different character. After a while, I settled on the name Liberation, and later on, you'll see why. 

The months that followed detailed a passionate love affair between myself and my newest novel. Oscar's story is my newest pride and joy, and while it still needs work, this is something I hope that you'll all enjoy reading, just as much as I enjoyed writing it. There were ups and downs. There were times when I wanted to quit. But in the end, I made it, and I finally finished the novel that I'd been dying to write for such a long time. 

I hope you all enjoy it!

- 𝒮𝓊𝓃𝓃𝓎❤️