Chapter 1: Pt 1

A colorful burst of lights broke through the darkness and plunged the wild club into a chasm of disarray. Scattered shouts wove with the thumping electronic beats that the DJ played on repeat. The man was deafened by the nonsensical sounds and large headphones on his head, covering his matted brown hair. Around the small club, bodies of all shapes and sizes swayed and jumped like balloons and balls, except this party was no children's birthday. Sexual fantasies of all kinds played out around under the spinning disco ball as clouds of smoke and cocaine filled the coarse air. The heat encumbered the groups of dancing men and women, dribbling down their scantily clad bodies in rolls of salty droplets.

From the platform above the red floor, a young man sat in a soft velvet chair, drinking carefully from a crystalized clear cup of brown liquid that eerily resembled syrup. Of course, this drink was far from the sticky childhood delectable one often enjoyed on a stack of pancakes. No, this drink was bitter and cold, made with haste and hate, drunk by the hearts of bitter and cold men.

Oscar was one of these men.

From his vantage point, he could see everything, and yet as he sat on the couch, with one leg crossed over the other and an expensive cup to his narrow lips, Oscar saw nothing but red dots that highlighted his annoyance. The bow shape that his mouth made was twisted in disgust, whether that be at the drink or the display below him, nobody could tell. His narrow, dark eyes spread calculatingly over the dense crowd and he studied every figure that shook or thrust their hips to the sound of the noise that everyone mistook for music.

Music? Oscar scoffed. This is hardly music. Music is soft and classical, like a blanket for one's ears. This garbage makes my drink taste like soda.

A gloomy sigh slipped from the crack his mouth made as the glass left his lips. His throat rumbled with distaste and he languished on the velvet throne he had been sitting on for what felt like hours. The Alpha was a man with very little time to waste, and his fingers itched for the neck of his Beta, the man who had dragged the despondent leader to this damned club in the first place.

The clicking of a pen caught his attention, as did the opening clink of a gate. Oscar turned his head a fraction to catch a glimpse of the figure approaching him. Despite the darkness, he could very clearly see the thin stiletto heels tapping against the smooth marble floor. It was no pen that had made the sound.

A slim woman approached him, softly and gently, like a tiger. Her waist swayed, but not to the rhythm of the music, rather to the beat of her heart thumping madly in her chest. She had a secretive look to her narrow eyes, hooded by the dark mascara she adorned. Her body was fit, no doubt, but not one that Oscar cared to pay attention to. The hairs on his arm stood taller with every step the woman took toward him until her leg brushed against his, an open invitation.

He turned, a dark scowl twisting his lips. "Can I help you?" He spoke harshly and uninvitingly, crossing his legs.

The woman laughed, her voice the sound of a tinkling glass. She leaned over Oscar's body and dragged her long nail along the strong line of his jaw, giggling when his stubble tickled her chin. "You're cute," she purred, her icy blue eyes never leaving him. "What's a handsome man like you doing all alone up here? Enjoying the show?"

Oscar's jaw tightened. "Hardly," he hissed. He tilted his head away from the woman's slender fingers and his scowl deepened. "If you have no business with me, please find someone else to entertain. I'm in no mood for this sort of business tonight."

"Is that so? After I climbed those steps for you? After I rejected every man in sight just to give all of myself to you." The woman pouted, her cherry lips forming a thick 'o' shape as she sat on the couch beside Oscar. She giggled again and placed her palm flat on his chest, above his heart. "My, my, dear Alpha. Why is your heart so still? Does it not race for my touch?"

"Your touch does little to excite me," Oscar responded in a bored tone. "If you have no business to declare, then leave. I'll have you escorted out otherwise."

"Don't be like that, Alpha," the woman cooed. "I'm at your disposal. Do as you'd like to me. My fantasies are no match for my expectations." She leaned over him, her breasts pushed up against his cheek. Her lips tasted the shell of his ear, her tongue tracing the circular earring that pierced his skin. "Come with me. Enjoy yourself for tonight, dear Alpha, and forget all of your woes. Put them inside me and let me become one with you."

Oscar's jaw ticked. He gave the woman a cold glance and gently pried her off his body. His large hands gripped her thin wrists to prevent her from touching him, as every time their skin met, the thin, pink lines scattered throughout his body burned, and not in any form of arousal or pleasure.

He exhaled deeply through his nose. "I'm sorry, but tonight I'm not in the mood for any games of any sort. I wish to be alone, and that is the only pleasure that I have decided to grant myself tonight. Please, enjoy yourself but leave me be."

The woman huffed. Clearly, she wasn't used to receiving a rejection. She stood abruptly, yanking her hands out of Oscar's grasp. "To think that I have rejected multiple handsome men for you," she seethed. "Tales of your crafted hands and tantalizing words have rendered me incapable of being with another, and yet when I offer myself to you, for a chance at being yours, you reject me? Me?" She scoffed. "I don't think you know what you're missing, dear Alpha." She cast her glacial gaze around the room, and when she was satisfied that there were no eyes on her, she lifted her skirt, revealing to Oscar the bareness of her flesh. Holding her skirt up with one hand, she took the uninterested Alpha's hand and pressed it against her thigh. Her nails dug into his wrist as she brought his hand up and up, her eyelids fluttering.

Oscar peeled his hand away from her and gently tugged her skirt down. "I believe they make underwear for a reason," he said softly, mostly to himself. "Please, leave me be. I have no intention of sleeping with anyone tonight, and should you try to incite me again I shall call the guards for you." His charcoal eyes hardened with resolution.

--()--()--()--

Hey everyone!

Part One of Oscar's Story is out now! What do you think? Has Oscar changed from the last book?