Chapter 4

Pete's POV
I just got a call from Patrick. He sounded very worried. This girl must mean a lot to him, who ever she is. For his sake I hope she's okay.

It only takes me a few minutes to reach the hotel where he's been staying. He lets me in straight away and points me in the direction of where she is.

"Hey.. Anna can you let me in?" I ask calmly. She probably has no idea who I am. "Pete?" Or maybe she does, she must of recognised my voice. I hear the door unlock and she lets me in and locks it again quickly. I'm shocked at the state she is in. Her eyes are red and puffy from all the crying and there are many cuts up both of her wrists.

I grab a towel and dampen it with a bit of water and start to clean up the wounds. "Why are you here?" She asks half asleep. "Patrick called me because he was worried" She looks so weak and tired of life.. Just like I was. She winches in pain as I tend to some of the worse cuts. "Sorry" She doesn't reply. Just stays quiet. I don't really know what to say to her. I finish up cleaning and she mumbles a thank you before I leave her alone.

Patrick looks at me worriedly. It seems like he really does care for her. I decide to leave them to talk but I said to call if they need anything. I hope she doesn't try to end her life. Hopefully Patrick can help her before she gets any worse.

Patrick's POV
What do I do? Should I leave her alone or go and see if she's okay? Well of course she's not okay but still. Aaaah why are girls so confusing?

I decide after a few minutes to go for a quick walk. I need fresh air and time to think everything to do with Anna over. I think I might be falling for her. But I don't think she feels the same. Well she hasn't acted like she does, well that I think of. But neither have I. I don't know how much longer I can pretend that I don't feel anything for her, but I can't tell her. She's got enough to worry about at the moment. She doesn't need me stressing her out even more.

After walking around a nearby park for a while I check my phone and realise that I've been gone for almost 3 hours. Shit. I better get back. How did I manage to loose track of time, especially for that amount of time.

Anna's POV (Right Before Patrick Leaves)
How long have I been sitting here? Pete left like maybe, I don't know half an hour ago? I should probably get up. My butt is starting to get numb from sitting on the titles for such a long time.

I'm actually kind of surprised that Patrick hasn't come in to check on me and I'm kind of sad he hasn't. I know I shouldn't be wanting him to pity me but its nice to be around him.

Do I seriously have to get up? Can't I just stay here for the rest of my life? Wait. Nooooooo. I want food. What time even is it? 9? 10? I should probably get up.

I push myself off the tiles. Wincing in pain as I forgot about the cuts on my wrists. How I forgot about them? I don't know. Just as I'm getting up I hear the door. Wait. That can't of been Pete since he left ages ago. So it must of been Patrick. Well I guess he must of got bored of me or given up on me. I mean I would too but I didn't think he would be the type of person just to leave without telling me.

I'm to tired to even worry about it at the moment. Within seconds of getting into bed I'm fast asleep.

Patrick's POV
I basically run back to the hotel. How did manage to loose track of so much time. It takes me a few minutes to figure out where I am. I'm out of breath by the time I get back to the hotel because I'm so out of shape.

I'm so stupid. How could I have left Anna for that long? Especially after what just happened. I start to worry as I climb the stairs up to level 6 which is where we have been staying. But when I search my pockets to try and find the room key, I realise I left it in the room. It's only 11 Would Anna still be awake? I knock quietly trying not to wake anyone up in the surrounding rooms.

Anna's POV
I get woken up to a knock on the door. Aah just go away. I'm trying to sleep. I try and ignore it and go back to sleep when I realise it could be important, so I answer it. To my surprise it's Patrick. I thought he left ages ago?

He pulls me into a hug and explains everything. Well that makes more sense than him leaving me. I don't really pay attention to much after that as I'm really tired. I end up falling asleep in Patrick's arms. Not that I don't mind that.