Chapter 36

Anna's POV
The smell of pancakes is the next thing to wake me up. Patrick isn't next to me, snuggled into my side as he usually is most mornings. I wonder what he's up to.

I follow the delicious sent of pancakes downstairs to see Brendon dancing around the kitchen. "What are you doing?" I ask while laughing at his weirdness. "Cooking" He says plainly before flipping a pancake.

I quietly sit on one of the bar stools and rest my head on my crossed arms, watching Brendon flip pancakes carefully. "So where's Patrick?" I ask still wondering what he's up to. But Brendon doesn't answer. He basically acts like he didn't even hear me, but I know he did. He couldn't hold back a smirk. What does he know?

I groan in annoyance. Why won't he tell me anything? I go to ask Brendon again where Patrick is, but instead he places a small stack of pancakes in front of me. "Eat" He says before grabbing himself some.

I munch away on the pancakes which are actually really good. If Patrick has sorted this all out, I'm surprised he trusted Brendon with cooking. But I'm glad he did. "Why won't you tell me anything?" I ask trying to get him to slip out any piece of information that could be helpful for me to figure out what the heck is going on. "The boss told me I couldn't" He smiles, also destroying a plate of pancakes. "The boss?" I ask confused. Brendon nods before standing up and taking my now empty plate back into the kitchen.

"Go upstairs and shower then put on the outfit set out" Brendon says normally, no giving me any hints as to what's going on. "And where are you going?" I ask, seeing him walk upstairs and off into one of the spare bedrooms. "To make out with my boyfriend" He says cheekily.

I laugh lightly before walking into Patrick's ensuite and closing the door. I now see outfit that Patrick has apparently set out for me. I smile and shake my head. A black high waisted skirt, a cropped Fall Out Boy tshirt and one of his cardigans. Gosh he's adorable.

Once I'm showered and changed, I walk back downstairs to find Brendon. Since he obviously knows something about what I'm meant to be doing today. But instead of Brendon, I see Pete standing awkwardly on his phone. "Oh hi Pete" I say catching his attention.

"Come on" He says, starting to walk outside. "Wait, where are you going?" I ask confused. "You'll see" Is all he says before dragging me outside. I want to ask again what is going on. But I feel like I've asked that too much today and it's only 10 in the morning.

Pete doesn't talk again for around 5 minutes and it begins to feel awkward. "Pete this silence is just weird" I say awkwardly. I'm not even sure if he's allowed to talk to me. "Well I can talk, just nothing about what could be happening today" He answers and I sigh. Hopefully there will be no more of this awkwardness.

"So how have you been?" Pete asks, trying to start up some type of conversation. "Pretty good but mainly because of Patrick" I answer honestly. I don't actually know where I would be right now if it wasn't for him.

"Well I've got to leave you here" Pete says eventually once we come to a park. "Wait what was the point of you bringing me here then?" I ask. "Patrick said you wouldn't know your way around Chicago and you'd get lost on your own" Pete laughs, before I can ask anything else he walks back in the direction we came from. Well that helped a lot.

Once Pete is out of sight, I figure out where I'm meant to be going. I mean Pete wouldn't just randomly lead me to this part of the park for no reason, there must be a reason.

I look around to see if there is any signs of Patrick or anyone else. Which there isn't. Well then. I decide just to watch straight up the path through the park, hoping to find something on the way.

About 15 minutes of watching I start to hear the faint sound of music.the closer I get the more familiar it sounds. Once I get close enough to make out the words I smile.
"I am the sand in the bottom half of the hourglass
I try to picture me without you but I can't"