Chapter 39

Anna's POV
I follow behind Patrick as he walks on stage. I watch him carefully as he works up the crowd, how happy he looks when he's on stage. I usually just listen to his voice but now since it's the last concert, I'm nothing more. The way he can't stop smiling and glancing along the front of the crowd, smiling at fans who are freaking out or in tears.

"Ready?" Patrick's asks still smiling. I nod quickly and grab the microphone of the stand. "I thought of angels choking on their halos" Patrick starts to sing and I join in eventually. "Anything you say can and will be held against you, so only say my name. It will be held against you" I sing in tune with Patrick.

Usually when I first go on stage with Patrick or Brendon, I'm usually shyer and not as confident. But by the time first song is over I'm jumping around the stage with either Brendon or Pete. Patrick's usually just laughing at us.

The song finishes without any mistakes or slip ups. "How are you guys doing tonight?" Pete asks getting a scream from the audience. While Pete is talking both Patrick and I use that as time to cure our dry throats. Once I return to the microphone stand I look out in the audience.

Bad idea.

I see the familiar faces of Veronica and Danielle. Why the heck are they at a Fall Out Boy concert, they only listen to people like One Direction and Justin Bieber. I don't understand why they would be here.

"This next one is called Alone Together" Pete says snapping me out of thought. I take a deep breathe and try and forget the girls in the crowd, I try and forget the times they've bet me up for listening to this type of music, for being 'emo' or different. I hold back the tears and sing on like nothing is bothering me but when the song finishes, I quickly thank the guys before running offstage.

"Anna!?" Brendon yells, chasing me down the hall. I stop. There's no point in running away from him. I have to sing with him in around 30 minutes. "What's wrong?" Brendon asks after pulling me into a hug. "I recognises people in the crowd" I say not going into detail. "Well let's show them how happy and amazing you are" He says pulling away. "Bullies hate to see their victims happy" He whispers before pulling me off into the dressing room.

For the next half an hour Brendon is being energetic and weird. Basically just dancing around the dressing room and yelling random songs. Ignoring everyone's plead to stop, even the "you'll waste all you're energy for the show" didn't work on him today.

"I'm bored" Brendon pouts, eventually sitting down along Dallon and I, who were having a casual conversation about Doctor Who. When neither of us gives him the attention he wants, he tries again by pulling Dallon into a passionate kiss. "Hey I was talking" Dallon whines once Brendon let's go of him. "And you were talking about boring things" he says insulting Doctor Who. "Excuse me, Doctor Who is not boring" I cut in.

"5 minutes till P!ATD" A stage manger interrupts our conversation. "Finally!" Brendon cheers before getting up and heading to the side of the stage. We all laugh at his childness and follow closely behind.

Just as we arrive at the sings, Patrick is finishing off singing 'Save Rock and Roll' which is one of my favourite songs by them. Once the crowd has calmed down, Pete says the goodbye and the all walk off stage for the stage crew to set up for Panic!

"Good luck" Patrick whispers to me before kissing my forehead and walking of to get showered and ready for the meet and greet.

As soon as the stage gear is set up Panic! runs out to get their set started. I watch their first few songs on the side line alone, until Patrick joins me. Less sweaty this time.
"What happened on stage?" He asks, obviously noticing how I ran off stage nearly in tears. "I just recognised some people" I state, not looking Patrick in the eye. Concentrate on something else or you'll cry, not really what I want right before I have to go onstage.