Chapter 34

Patrick's POV
I wake up around 7 hours later, with a still sleeping Anna wrapped around me. Aww

We're all currently staying at my house in Chicago as it's easier than getting a hotel. It's still pretty early in the morning so I'm guessing nobody else would be awake. We didn't arrive home to just after 1 o'clock, so I'm guessing everyone would want to sleep in ad catch up on much needed sleep.

But me, I'm used to waking up early. It's a blessing and a curse.

I carefully unwrap myself from Anna, trying not to wake her. Once untangled, I quietly walk down stairs to start making breakfast for everyone.

I hear Pete snoring loudly on the couch and think about waking him just to get him to shut up, but I don't. He'll be grumpier than usual if he's woken.

Once I have all the ingredients out and ready, I start to cook bacon, eggs and toast. Making myself a coffee while the pan heats up.

About half way through the cooking, a sleepy Anna walks down the stairs, nearly tripping on the way down. "Morning sleepy" I say smiling at her clumsiness. "Morning" She replies tiredly.

She walks over to me and stands on her tip toes to kiss me. She's slightly shorter than me, which makes her even more adorable. "You need any help" She asks while rubbing her eyes.

"Yes, sit on the counter and kiss me every now and then" I say before lifting her up onto the counter. "Fine with me" She replies before doing as I said and kissing me.

I go back to cooking the bacon and eggs while Anna keeps an eye on the toast, making sure it doesn't burn. "So what are we going to do today?" She asks boredly. "Probably just relax and maybe go swimming" I reply, not actually knowing yet. It just depends how tired everyone else is and what they feel like doing.

We go on talking about random stuff until everything is nearly ready. "Should we have everyone" Anna asks, still sitting on the counter. "No, just cover everything. Let them sleep in while they can" I say before grabbing some food and heading up back towards my bedroom.

Anna follows without getting anything to eat. Once I've gotten back in bed I question her about it. "Just not that hungry" She replies, sounding slightly suspicious. Could she be lying? I don't question any further. If there was something wrong Anna would tell me, at least I hope she would.

Anna rests her head on my shoulder while I eat, while running her hands through my soft hair. She seems to have zoned out, I wonder what she's thinking about.

Anna's POV
I lightly run my hands through Patrick's hair, not really paying attention to anything around me. He doesn't seem to be acting like he's loosing interest in me, but I can't be too sure. "What's up?" Patrick asks eventually snapping me out of my own thoughts.

"Do you still like me Patrick?" I ask straight up without even thinking out it. "What?" He asks sounding confused. "Are you loosing interest in me" I ask again, paying attention now. "How could you ask that?" Patrick asks after putting down his plate and mug on the bed side table. Now looking at me more seriously.

"You not wanting to do anything with me and just changing the subject or making up am accuse" I say starting to tear up. I don't know what I would do without Patrick. And I'm hoping I'll never have to find out. He sighs and pulls me into his lap. Looking me straight in the eyes.

"I didn't want you to feel like I was taking advantage of you or that I was pitying you. I wanted to make sure you were fine before we did anything serious again, after what happened last time" Patrick says muttering the end quietly so I couldn't hear him properly. "I'm fine Patrick, seriously I am" I say, feeling like I've repeated this many times to basically everyone we're close.