Chapter 37

Anna's POV
I wake up to the annoying sound of an alarm going off. Patrick, who's arms were still wrapped tightly around my waist, doesn't even flinch at the sound of the alarm. He lies peacefully next to me as I have to carefully unwrap his arms from around me, attempting not to wake him.

I successfully do and quickly switch off the alarm, seeing that it's a reminder for a flight. "Stuuuuump" I whine trying to wake him up. "Whaaaat" He mimics back. "Get up and give me cuddles" I pout and sit down on the bedside table in his room. "Fine, Mrs Stump" He smiles and I groan. "We're not even married, we're not even technically engaged either" I correct him.

Patrick walks towards me and stops in front of the table. "Shut up and kiss me" He basically begs before pulling me towards him. I smile lightly before he pressed his lips onto mine. I somehow never seem to get used to this. The same butterflies come back, the same ones that were there the first time we kissed.

I instantly place my arms around his neck and he picks me up. I laugh nervously, being slightly scared that he is actually going to drop me. I quickly wrap my legs around his waist, trying to stop any chance of him dropping me. "If you drop me, I swear I'll.." I start before I'm cut off by his lips being on mine again.

Before I can stop myself from falling Patrick has 'tripped' and ended up hovering on top of me on his bed. "I hate you" I blush when I realise what he is probably intending to happen. I cover my face with my hands in embarrassment. Patrick just removes my hands and laughs. "Don't hide your blush, it's adorable" He states before pulling me into a passionate kiss.

"Guys wake up, we need to, Ew okay I'll be back when you two have stopped... That!" Pete yells awkwardly after opening Patrick's bedroom door, I'm guessing to remind us that we should be up and getting ready. Well we're both definitely awake.

I blush even brighter and sigh. "Pete is really bad at ruining the moment" Patrick laughs before getting off me and sitting in the middle of the bed. "I agree" I say, thinking back to last night when he could of ruined the surprise.

Patrick glances over at his clock and checks the time. "We have 2 hours until our flight" He informs me. I nod, not really paying much attention to him anymore. It's been nearly 3 months since I've been home and seen my parents. Being out of L.A has made it slightly easier to forget them and not constantly have them on my mind. But now with us having the last concert there. I don't really have much choice.

"Are you okay Anna?" Patrick asks suddenly realising that I wasn't listening to him anymore. I don't answer. I stare into my lap and think about a lie that I could make. "Anna?" He asks sounding more concerned than he did a minute ago.

Patrick pulls me into his lap before asking again. "Anna seriously, you need to tell me what's bothering you" He whispers quietly. His arms tighten around me as I go to answer. "My parents" I mumble, barely loud enough to be heard. "You don't have to see them Anna, we won't force you to" Patrick says trying to reassure me.

I look up at Patrick with tears in my eyes. "I just don't want to randomly bump into them or have to face them, they'll be disappointed with me, they always were" I stutter out. They never cared about anything good that I did before because it was never good enough for their standards, I was never good enough for them. Maybe that's why they never had another child. Maybe I put them off having another one.

"Remember one of us will alway be around you, so don't worry Anna" He says reminding me of those stupid rules they made up once I was out of the hospital. I just agree, not wanting to discuss this anymore.

I quietly get up and head towards the bathroom to shower. But of course Patrick stops me. Sometimes he worries just a bit too much. "Together, just to be sure" He adds casually. I try to ignore the fact that he basically just showed me that he doesn't trust me to be alone when I'm upset. I do understand why he would be like that, but it just annoys me.