𝟝.

"I can't believe that a couple of lights and fake plants were enough to turn this place from an abandoned rat-cave, to well... this!"

Laughing at my amazed friend, I awed at my room too, surprised at how fun it was to actually work on it with a friend. "I wouldn't call it a rat-cave... but-" I start, only to be cut off. "Yeah. rat-cave is kinda an understatement at this point. Sorry, I was just trying to be nice." Aisha deadpanned, and we both started chuckling.

"And it only took like... HOLY SHIT- 4 HOURS?!" I yell, checking my phone. "Oh no- I didn't realize how late it was getting." Aisha checks her phone as well. "Time really does fly when you're having fun." She remarks, making me smile. 

"Who would've guessed that cleaning could be so fun." She mumbles to herself. "Not me, or else I would've started it years ago." I yawn, exhausted. "Well, I gotta go now, but thanks a lot for having me over, y/n." Aisha smiles. "This was really fun!" She adds.

"Wanna come over to my place next and reorganize that too?" She then asks. "Bet." I reply. "Cool, I'll text you the address." She says, leaving the room. I decide to follow her and see her out. "Text me once you get back." I tell her, and she nods.

"I'll see you in school tomorrow?" She says, and then it hits me- I completely forgot about that! I'm completely unprepared! "That's tomorrow?" I ask, eyes widened with horror. "Yeah it is. Didn't you know that?" She asks. "Must've slipped my mind." I mumble. "Of course it did." She chuckles.

"Anyway, if there's anything you ever need help with, just reach out." She says. "I can give you a tour too tomorrow, if you want." She then offers. "That'd be great, actually, but I'd much rather get lost if that grants me an excuse to get late to class." I reply. "Why am I not surprised..."

After Aisha left, I shut the door and decided to go back to my room, only to be startled by my parents' agape faces staring at me weirdly, as if they'd just seen a ghost playing with the hula-hoop. Trust me, I had a dream about it once, and the terror is core wrenching.

But certainly not as bad as a dumb pineapple plotting your murder along with a hoard of mindless zombies.

I've had some... disturbing dreams, to say the least.

"What's wrong with you?" I ask them after a minute of eerie silence. "Did you just make a friend while cleaning your room?" My mom asks. "Did you just make a friend outside of your phone?" My dad asks at the same time. "SHE HAS A FRIEND?!" They both ask each other in unison.

"Man, y'all get overexcited over nothing." I scoff, walking to my room. "Who are you and what have you done to our daughter?!" My father questions dramatically, clearly pulling on my leg. "Used one of her smelly bag of chips as a body bag and cremated her body. Is that what you wanna hear?" I roll my eyes at the two.

"Alright alright, we'll stop now." My mom chuckles, sensing my annoyance. "We're just really happy for you, y/n. We know moving away wasn't easy for you, especially since you finally began having fun." She adds. "And yet that never seemed to stop you." I shrug, realizing that they didn't mean it in a negative way.

"I'm sorry, I'm just really tired right now." I quickly apologize, realizing that no matter how much fun I had today, I was still not quite over leaving everything else behind. I will always miss my friends and my enemies. But I shouldn't let that stop me from creating new ones either.

Maybe I should just keep an open mind and embrace all that life throws at me, be it good, bad or ugly. It's the only way I can move forward... Damn, talking to Aisha really is therapeutic. "Of course, darling." My mom smiles understandingly.

"Go rest and prepare for school. I'll call you when dinner's ready." She sighs, and my parents finally leave. Shutting my door, I finally dive on my cozy bed, and let out an exasperated sigh. Today was surprisingly fun. Awkward, sure... But also really fun. I should probably catch some sleep before dinner. I need all the beauty sleep I can get before my first day of a new school.

*5 minutes later~*

"BUT SHE WEARS SHORT SKIRTS, I WEAR T-SHIRTS, SHE'S CHEER CAPTAIN AND I'M ON THE BLEACHERS, DREAMING 'BOUT THE DAY WHEN YOU WAKE UP AND FIND THAT WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR HAS BEEN HERE THE WHOLE TIME!"

"Y/N! STOP THAT NUISANCE BEFORE THE NEIGHBORS CALL THE COPS!" I was cut off by my annoying father crying from down below. Rolling my eyes, I glared at the door as if it were my dad standing there instead. "THANK YOU!" 

Since there wasn't much I could do, I began scrolling through my phone and saw a few texts from Aisha. Smiling to myself, I began replying until a sudden movement from outside caught my eye. Oh, it appears that my neighbor has entered their room, which was facing mine.

I wasn't exactly the nosy sorts, and didn't want anyone peering inside either, so I went to draw the curtains, but just then I saw who my neighbor really was... It was that guy from earlier. The donut one. Welp, this can't be good.

I was about to shut my curtains and so was he, until his eyes finally landed into mine. Holy shit- was I staring again? Man, it's literally so embarrassing to be alive. It really is... Like people are like, looking at you and stuff. I mean, I'm looking at you too, but why are YOU looking at ME???

Call it Queen Taylor's influence or just a wannabe moment... whatever it was, for some reason, I decided it would be best for me to just write a big, bold, 'THANKS FOR THE DONUT' on a piece of paper, and wave it around for him to see. 

Didn't take him more than 30 seconds to quickly reply to that with a 'DON'T FORGET YOU OWE ME, NEWBIE.' and a soft laugh. HOLY FUCK- DID I JUST WITNESS MY FIRST EVER TAYLOR SWIFT MOMENT?!?!?!?!?! My live is officially complete. What more could one ask for?

The boy appeared to be writing down something else, so I quickly found my notebook to reply quickly once he'd say something, but right before he could finish whatever it was that he was writing, mother dearest just HAD TO ruin everything.

"Y/N! DINNER!"