𝟚𝟟.

"Anything from Eli?"

Shaking my head 'no', I began staring off into space again. Yesterday's events began running through my mind again the moment I entered the dojo. Right from what happened with Eli, to his reaction to it. I've never seen him that upset, and it honestly kinda stung.

No texts, no calls, no memes... Nothing.

He hasn't texted me, or anyone else all day. Sure, it kinda was a Saturday, so no school. He could be out with his family too, I guess. But the strangest part that really got me worried was the fact that his curtains were drawn.

It obviously means that he didn't wanna talk, considering that his room was directly facing mine, and peering in was kind of our way of checking in on each other at times... He hadn't opened it since, and there has been no sign of movement. 

I hadn't slept well either cuz my parents got into some kind of a fight, and it was... bad. 

But I guess that's what life it. Nothing is determined. One minute you're happy, and the next minute you wanna die. At least joining Cobra Kai is helping me combat with my declining mental health. But I don't know how I was going to make it today. I really had no energy.

"Three more absences, Sensei..." Miguel informs once Johnny was ready to begin with today's lesson. "Bunch of pussies-" Aisha snaps. "Real." I agree, trying to ignore how easily Eli's absence affected me. It doesn't make any sense. Why am I so attached? It's not like we're besties anyway.

"Nah it's my fault" Johnny sighs, making me stare at him in confusion. Was he seriously admitting his mistakes? That's a first- "Ever since you joined Cobra Kai, I've been hard on you." He speaks up now. "I've called you names... I've humiliated you." He lists.

"Some of you, I've hit." He looks at a few of them, who I'm surprised, are still here. I guess determination is something no one can take away from you when you're absolutely sure that that's what you really want. I admire such people. My demotivated ass could never-

"And for that...." Johnny continues. "I don't apologize." He shrugs, making me shake my head. "Cobra Kai is about strength, if you're not strong on the inside you can't be strong on the outside." He muses. "And right now you're all weak." 

Looking down, I couldn't exactly disagree with him right there. "And I know that... because I was you." He then confesses. "I used to have no friends." He says. "I was the weird kid..." He sighs. "Not that weird. I still hooked up with babes and all." He quickly adds.

"But the point is... I wasn't always the badass Sensei I am today." He admits. "Like a cobra, I had to shed my loser skin to find my true power." He motivates. "And you guys will too!" He promises. "Damn, Diaz... You certainly melted his non-existent heart." I joke.

"Welcome to Cobra Kai." Johnny greets when the door jingled all of a sudden. Some random dude with a mohawk entered, and stood at the entrance with a smug smirk. "Holy shit- Eli?" I take a minute to recognize the stranger after checking him out.

"Eli?!" Miguel recognizes him too. "What happened?" Asks Aisha, who seemed rather impressed by his new look. "I'm flipping the script." He smirks, quoting Johnny from yesterday. "Wait- are you the kid with the lip?" Sensei too caught on eventually. 

"We all have lips, Sensei." I roll my eyes. "Some of us more than others." Some weirdo winks at me, making Miguel glare at him protectively. "None of which you'll be able to kiss, so dream on, loser." Aisha defends, making the class start hooting and laughing.

"Hey hey- that's enough!" Johnny sighs, truly disgusted.

"Nice cut bro." He then compliments Eli, walking over to him. "You see that?" He points to Eli and looks at the whole class. "Doesn't matter if you're a loser, a nerd, or a freak." He muses. "All that matters is that you become badass!" He explains, walking over to the boy now.

"Hawk." He named the blue-haired chicken. His cut was a little weird, not gonna lie, but that's probably because I'm not used to seeing anyone who's not a part of a 2018 Netflix series with that cut. However, mohawk or nohawk, I must admit... Confidence sure is sexy as hell on him-

"Fall in" Johnny then commands, facing Hawk, and as he lined up, Sensei walked over to him. "Fear does not exist in this dojo does it?" He asks. "No Sensei." Replies Eli. "Pain does not exist in this dojo does it?" He then moves over to Aisha."No sensei" She answers strongly.

"Weakness does not exist in this dojo does it?" He moves on to Miguel.

"No sensei" Miguel answers. And finally, he walks over to me, the fire in his eyes meeting with mine. "Defeat does not exist in this dojo does it?" He asks. "No sensei" I eat and leave no crumbs. (jkjk) "Class are you ready to learn the way of the fist?" He asks loudly, facing forward.

"YES SENSEI!"