𝟙𝟝.

"Oh look, it's the Regina George at home!"

Walking through the crowded hallways, I couldn't contain my smile when people continued joking about all that I had said to Yasmine last week. Picking some things from my locker before leaving, I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Hey!" A very jolly Aisha greets. "Hey... How have you been?" I smile at my friend who pretty much ghosted me the entire weekend. "I heard about your little fight with Yasmine the other night." She states. "I wanted to thank you for standing up for me." She smiles.

"Don't mention it. I only did what's right." I smirk cockily, flipping my hair jokingly. "That is such a MC thing to say." She chuckles. "No, but in all seriousness... You have no idea how much that means to me. No one has ever done that for me before." She muses.

"Anytime." I grin, giving her a hug. "Hey..." An unfamiliar voice interrupts us. When we break the hug, we see who it is. Larusso. "How are you feeling?" She asks her friend. "I went viral." Aisha shrugs casually. "How do you think I was feeling?" She cocked up a brow. 

"Look, they're mean, but they have short memories." Samantha sighs. "They'll forget." She assures. "Well, that won't end well for Yasmine, if she does." I scoff. "I don't doubt you." Aisha smiles at me. "Even if THEY forget, I know I won't." She then rolls her eyes at Samantha.

"The fact that my friend of 2 months cares for me more than my best friend of 12 years... That I will never forget." She scoffs. "Hey, don't involve me." I mutter, not wanting to get between the two of them. "Aisha- It's not like that--" Samantha tries to say something before she was cut off.

"Whatever, Sam." Aisha rolls her eyes. "Save it for someone who gives a fuck." She scoffs. "C'mon, y/n, let's get outta here." She then storms away. Welp- That was certainly awkward... I feel bad for this Samantha person, but at the same time, what she did wasn't right.

"I don't think we've met before..." Samantha looks at me, about to introduce herself. "Yeah, and let's keep it that way." I snap, following Aisha, to let her know that I was going to stay back for sometime and catch up with Miguel and gang in the library.

Aisha and I spoke some more as she dropped me till the library before heading towards the exit, and it turns out that the only reason she didn't respond to my texts was because she was creating a new robot, and usually detaches from social media while doing so to minimize distractions.

She is a lot more disciplined than I would ever be. My ADHD suffering ass could never-

"So that's it? No karate?" I hear the familiar voice belonging to Demetri talk softly in the corner when I entered. "Hey guys!" I greet them before taking a seat in front of Miguel, and next to Eli. "Piguel, how art thou holding up?" I then ask my patched up friend.

"I lived." He answers wryly. "Barely." I mumble to myself, recalling how injured he was when Mr. Lawrence and I drove him home. His mother was devastated, and Lawrence just... zoned out. He was like semi-conscious the entire time. Clearly he has taken a liking for the latino. 

"My mom said I can't train with him anymore." He frowns, clearly upset. "It's probably for the best..." Metri mumbles. "It was really starting to boost your confidence." He points out. "Isn't that a good thing?" Miguel and I ask in unison, looking at each other now, a little shocked.

"No?" Demetri scoffs, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "You saw what happened with the love of my life the other night... l/n completely annihilated her!" He reminds, making me snicker a little. "She had it coming." Eli rolls his eyes, somewhat proud of me.

"Besides, what has confidence ever gotten anybody, except for a black eye, a crushing humiliation, and their backpack thrown in the trash?" Demetri resumes the topic. "Well, I think it was kinda cool how you stood up to Kyler." Eli then mumbles.

"Are you insane?!" Metri raises his brows. "Let me ask you three... What is the best superpower anyone could have?" He asks. "Blood manipulation." I shrug, at the same time Miguel answers with "Super-strength." I earn weird looks from everyone, but I'm pretty used to it by now.

"Wrong. Both of you!" Demetri shakes his head like a disappointed mother, massaging his temples. "Invisibility" He then corrects. "A distance second would be super speed... To run away fast." He mumbles.

"Run away from who?"