𝟙𝟘.

"Is it just me, or is this lunch break longer than this entire school week?"

Trying my best to not throw an orange at the councilor, who was still wasting our time, Miguel and I continued with our 72nd round of Rock, Paper, Scissors game. I can't believe he's always winning. "It's a game of chance! How do you ALWAYS win?" I ask Miguel, who won, yet again.

"You always pick paper." Miguel states. "That is NOT true." I scoff. "Here- go again." I roll my eyes, and we play again. "Again." I sigh once I lose, yet again. "Again." We go again. "AGAIN." Paper. "One more time." Paper. "One more time." Paper. "Alright, one more time." I scoff.

"GOD, this reverse psychology is a BUST." I groan, a bit too loud, attracting the councilor's attention, yet again. Just my luck. "You two over there." She physically points at Miguel and I. "Why are you guys so... distracted and lax all the time?!" She asks.

"Oops?" Miguel replies, too bored to care about the consequences anymore. "You know... I was actually going to go easy on you guys, but your lack of empathy during such serious discussions is really making me want to not do that." She scolds. 

"My office after school. BOTH of you." She grumbles. "You already said that." Miguel reminds. "Fine, then clearly that wasn't enough." She scoffs. "You two will help me and the staff to decorate the school for the dance tomorrow after EVERYONE else leaves." She smirks smuggly.

"WHAT?!"

"You heard me. Maybe this should teach you both to be more understanding and attentive in the future." She smiles, making a few others start laughing, including Demetri, whom I quickly shut up by kicking his shin under the table. 

"Just great-" Miguel massages his temples, clearly not looking forward to it. "I can't get late to my training... Sensei already was in the verge of giving up before I designed that Web Page for him." He murmurs to himself.

"Well, at least we get to do it together!" I grin jokingly, trying to cheer him up. "As if staying back wasn't bad enough..." He sighs. "Hey!" I frown, kicking his shin, making him laugh a little. "Don't worry, l/n. If we go down, we go down together." He assures, making me smile. 

"Oh and one more thing. While we're all looking forward for the Halloween dance tomorrow, let's make sure our costumes are culturally sensitive." Blatt resumes. "For example, instead of sexy nurse, how about a gender-neutral hospital employee!" She suggests.

"Because gender-neutral hospital employees can be sexy as well? What's she tryna say?" I raise my brows, and Demetri agreed with me. "Possibly envy." He then concludes. "What are you planning to go as anyway?" Miguel asks.

"I mean... I do have a cow onesie that doesn't violate any of the dresscodes." I murmur.

"But I'm afraid my udder might provoke some real unholy thoughts, and arouse the mindless barbarians one may call 'men'." I scoff. "I'm just kidding." I sigh, when I receive a few puzzled glances and snorts from those around.

"I haven't decided it yet." I sigh. "What about you?" I ask him. "Well, i was thinking deadpool, but the costume's a little pricey, so my mom and yaya are planning to make something for me at home." He answers. "Aww, that's actually really sweet of them." I smile.

"I guess..." He mumbles. "Well, if you want, you could come shopping with me. I'm planning to go after school anyway." I offer. "Oh hell no- I'd rather be naked!" He protests. "If you insist." I make a fuckboi face, biting my lips and stuff, making everyone at the table burst out laughing.

"Y/n, are you mocking your friend by making that extremely disoriented face? Because if you are, that is extremely--" Counselor Blatt targets me again, only to be cut short by the bell. "Oh FINALLY the gods hath answered my prayers!" I cry dramatically.

"I'll still be seeing you after school though." She reminds. "Don't get your hopes up." I roll my eyes, making Miguel choke on his yoohoo. "What was that?" She asks, just as I was about to walk away. "Sure, I'll uh, be there..." I reply. "Good." She smiles.

"See you after school!"