𝟙𝟡

"Alright, let's see what you've got, Ms. Robinson..."

After a few minutes of talking, Sensei Lawrence, who's name I learned was actually Johnny, put Miguel up against Aisha to see what would happen. "Face me." He instructs, "Bow" They bowed. "Face each other- Bow." They both face each other.

"Mr. Diaz" He then calls a very reluctant Miguel. "Show her everything you've learned." He says. "Wait- wait... I don't think this is right Sensei." Miguel sighs."What's not right?" Johnny cocks up a brow, wanting him to spell it out. "She's a girl..." The latino mumbles.

"Excellent observation." I comment. "Well, you know what I mean... I just- I'm not gonna..." Miguel rambles. "I thought you said women were equal to men." Johnny crosses his arms. "I did say that. But I didn't mean it like that. I meant that she-" Miguel sighs.

"Then show women are equal, and give her everything you've got" Johnny shrugs. "Wait. I just want to remind everyone that this is my first day." Aisha quickly chimes in, trying to get the two to slow the fuck down. "Your enemies don't care what day it is." Johnny snaps.

"They prey on weakness." He adds. "If you wanna beat them you have to conquer your fears and jump face first into the fire!" He quotes incorrectly. "Well?" He then looks at us all. "Are you ready, Ms. Robinson?" He questions. No answer.

"If you want, I can go first." I then volunteer.

"I'm always looking for an opportunity to throw some hands. Besides, didn't you say that I don't exactly register as a female to you, Diaz?" I shrug. "Well, I guess so... Definitely wouldn't be as bad." He mumbles, knowing how rough I could get when I wanted to.

"Excellent. Ms. l/n, step on up." Johnny instructs, rather impressed. "Wait what? You were being for real?" Miguel asks as we both bow to Sensei. "Of course." I roll my eyes. "What exactly do you think you're doing here?" He questions, unsure if I knew what I was getting myself into.

"Striking first." I quote him from the other day, and the words painted on the wall that caught my eye. "Spoken like a true Cobra right there, l/n." Johnny approves. "But can you actually fight like one?" He then taunts. "Let's find out, shall we?" I smile. "FIGHT!"

No one made the first move. I was planning on doing so first, but then again, I had no idea what I was dealing with here. If he'd go first, at least I could take some time to analyze his style. "Well, don't just stand there..." The blonde rolls his eyes. "Fight!" 

"Don't worry, Miggy. I'll be gentle." I wink, trying to distract him a little. All of a sudden, he launches a kick at me, which I fortunately caught in time. Not sure what to do with his wiggling leg anymore, I decided to sweep his other one with mine, making him fall.

Once he was down, I socked him in the gut, ending the fight for good.

"No mercy, bitch." I kneel down, speaking in his ear. "Holy shit- The girl's a natural Cobra!" Johnny exclaims, clearly not expecting that. "I guess I just found a favorite." He then smiles proudly, making me grin back widely.

"I thought I was your favorite-" Miguel groans, clutching his stomach, still on the floor. "My ONLY student." Johnny corrects, making Aisha and I laugh. "Now, Ms. Robinson... To establish your spot at this renowned dojo, you must face off our new dojo Champ." He then turns to Aisha.

Staring back nervously, I tense up a little too as I didn't wanna hurt her. Okay, that's probably very arrogant of me to already assume the outcome... But c'mon. I've gotten into my fair share of fights in the past. I doubt the same can be said about Aisha.

I mean, from what I know about her... She'd never even dream of hurting a fly-

"Yes, Sensei." The girl eventually gives in, stepping up, standing before me. Hesitantly getting into an imperfect stance, we stared into each others eyes. "FIGHT!" Johnny yells after all the bowing and stuff was done, and I walk up to Aisha, kicking her in the stomach, making her fall back. Hard.

"O-oh my God!" I yelp once I realize what I had done. "Aisha, are you okay?" I ask, rushing over to her, trying to help her up. "I'm so sorry!" I apologize profusely. But what happened next was something none of us saw coming... 

She got up, and charged at me, tackling me to the ground, throwing me down. Fuck- Coughing a little, I was out of breath, but just when I began recollecting myself, she jumped down at me, kneeing me in the ribs, making me groan and wheeze. 

I certainly underestimated her, no doubt there...

"Guess you three will have to keep fighting for the title." Johnny chuckles, truly impressed by all of our skills. "Fuck..." I moan in pain, squirming around. "Great job." I then congratulate Aisha on her big win, and a very jolly Miguel helps me up.

But right before we could continue with our class, some sort of a dispute going on outside caught Sensei's attention. "You can't do this!" Someone cries. "Alright, students, wait here." Johnny instructs, about to check it out. 

"Diaz, you're in-charge."