𝟚𝟝.

"Oh, who wants to take Samantha in?"

Letting out a silent groan, I massaged my temples, cursing at the man under my breath. Just when I finally started talking, he HAD to interrupt me. Dumb Larusso. Who asked her to uh, not have a partner? "This little piggy needs a group." Mr. Palmer giggles.

"Don't all volunteer at once-" He scoffs satirically. Silence followed. "Should we take her?" I ask Eli hesitantly, wanting to be alone with him for sometime, but feeling bad for Sam as well. But before the boy could answer, someone else took her in instead. Miguel. "We'll take her." 

After 5 minutes of working in silence, the tension between me and Eli seemed to be growing with every second that passed. I wanna punch Palmer so bad right now. But I probably need to stop overreacting so much. Johnny's certainly not a perfect influence right now.

"So uh, you were saying?" As if sensing my thoughts, Eli spoke up again. "As much as I love Sensei, yesterday did seem like a lot." I sigh. "Well, in all fairness, Metri was being a little bitch." Eli scoffs, clearly upset with his friend. "I meant about you..." I mumble, looking at him now.

"Me?" He asks, confused. "Oh, you mean because of..." He starts, pointing at his lip. "Uh, y-yeah! Yeah, that." I answer awkwardly. He looked down uncomfortably as well. "He did have a point though." Eli then spoke after a minute of tense silence.

"Just because I found people like you who keep making me feel like everything's normal and okay doesn't mean that everyone I meet is going to be like that." He shrugs. "The world is filled with Kylers and Brucks." He adds. "And worse, obviously." He sighs.

"We've got killers and offenders and terrorists and the script writers of Riverdale..." He lists, making me chuckle a little at the last bit, which in turn, made him smile too. He always knew how to cheer me up, even if we didn't talk as much.

Even late at night, his texts never failed to bring a smile to my face. And butterflies to my stomach, but oh well. It could be constipation too, right? Oh y/n, who are you kidding? You clearly like this guy. He's the only one who can make you so shy and giggly...

But does he feel the same about me? Probably not. So it's really not worth losing the friendship. Who even likes emotions anyway? All they do is to lead you on and crush your expectations. And I for one, am done with that. If only I could stop feeling them altogether.

"Look, all I'm trying to say is that Mr. Lawrence has got a point. A valid one at that." He continues. "Sure, it's not very pleasing to hear, but someone's gotta say it." He frowns. "I appreciate your concern, but I can handle myself." He shrugs.

"So you're not going to quit?" I ask, happier than I should be, making him chuckle softly. "Nope. I'm done running away from my problems." He states, making me smile. "So, what do you think about sex?" I then ask, changing the topic back to studies now.

"Uh, what?" He asks, getting all flustered. "I-I mean, it's uh, I- Protection is essential!" He rambles, burning bright red now, making me burst out laughing. "Not coitus, you dodo. I mean the sex of the pig." I chuckle, making him burn brighter, out of embarrassment this time.

"In males, this tract is supposed to open up near the umbilical cord." I read aloud, pointing at the diagram. "Ours must be a female then." Eli concludes after regaining his composure. I begin noting it all down until he was finally done with the dissection, trembling a little.

He was sweating profusely and ever since he dropped the knife, his hands have been quivering, and he could barely face the pig anymore. Shit, yeah... I forgot how hard this must've been for him. But he seemed so cool about it until it was done.

"You okay?" I ask as he removed his gloves. "Y-yeah." He answers, clearing his throat. "I'll be okay." He whispers to himself. "I uh, I gotta go now, but I'll see you at the dojo." He grabs his bag and quickly leaves the moment the bell rings. 

"See ya!"