𝟚𝟠.

"CHI-MAI! Bow..."

After warming up a little, we all bowed to Sensei, who then asked us to get into fighting positions. A week has passed already since classes started going smoothly, and not gonna lie, Eli's ridiculous haircut is kinda growing on me now.

He seems to love it very much and is certainly a lot more confident now, so that's what matters.

Throwing a couple of punches, Sensei began walking around the dojo, checking and correcting everyone's stance. "L/n!" He suddenly snaps me back to reality. "Huh?" I blink harshly. "Stop pushing air with your fists and start punching!" He scolds.

"Sorry Sensei-" I realize I must've been zoning out again, and began punching more powerfully now. "That's better." He remarks, walking over to Eli now, and nudging his leg with his foot. "Stabilize your base, Hawk." He instructs. "Keep your balance." Sensei demonstrates.

"Full rotation when you strike." He says, throwing a punch to show how it's done. "Yes Sensei- HAI!" Hawk obeys, punching the same way Johnny did, correcting his stance. He then walks up to someone else, making him flinch just at the sight of the man.

"Did you just flinch, Virgin?" Johnny raises a brow at the coy kid. He then turns to the dude behind 'Virgin' and takes a step towards him, making him flinch as well! "Holy shit-" Johnny mumbles. "We've got a room full of flinchers!" He exclaims.

"YES SENSEI!" Everyone yells.

"That was NOT a question!" Johnny scolds, shaking his head, making me chuckle softly. "Raise your hand if you've never been punched in the face." Sensei sighs, and a few kids raise their hands reluctantly, including Eli to my surprise. "Ugh- put your hands down." Johnny groans.

"All your lives, you've been avoiding fights so you don't break your nose, or lose a tooth." He states walking up to the front of the dojo. "This entire... concussion nonsense." He scoffs. "So, there's only one solution!" He starts.

"Before you leave this dojo, each and everyone of you is gonna take a punch, very hard, to the face." He commands, making me gulp. Last time that happened, he himself punched Miguel in the face, made Miguel punch HIM in the face, and made Aisha and I punch each other.

We all developed a mild concussion because of that, and couldn't focus for another day.

Kinda funny, now that you think of it, but definitely a very stupid move. But oh well, at least that removed my fear of getting punched. And gave me another reason to avoid getting punched too, because that shit hurt like a bitch. "Ms. Robinson." Sensei calls.

"Line 'em up, and unflinch this group." He instructs. "Yes Sensei!" Aisha grins, cracking her knuckles, getting into position as Johnny walked away and into his office, followed by Miguel who couldn't bear to see all that violence raging on.

"Pussy-" I joke, and he rolls his eyes, chuckling softly, flipping me off and entering the office. "Holy shit- Eli!" I rush up to the fallen boy, clutching his bleeding nose tight as everyone began groaning just looking at his state. "He's okay." Aisha scoffs.

"I'm okay." Eli quickly gets up wiping his nose that still wouldn't stop bleeding. "Also, it's Hawk." He corrects. "Right now you're a cross between a pigeon and a dodo." I roll my eyes. "C'mon. Let's get you cleaned up." I sigh, leading the boy to the storage where the first-aid kits were kept.

"So... What do you think?" Eli asks, as I hold his nose firmly with a tissue to stop the bleeding, tilting his head up. "You'll live." I remark. "No broken bones." I shrug. "No, I meant about, wel... This." He says, referring to his glow-up.

"You've always looked great, Eli." I place my hand on his shoulder, asking him to hold his nose. 

"But if a mohawk's what it takes for you to finally realize that, then I absolutely love it." I smile, touching his hair once. The space between us was negligible at this point, and I had to lean my body against his while resting my arms on his shoulder, using it as support whilst standing on my tippy toes.

Letting go of his nose, his hands slithered down to my waist, resting on them. The moment his touch met my skin, millions of butterflies fluttered in my stomach, my heart beats racing as I tried to comprehend the situation. Say something, you idiot. Don't let this moment pass!

"L/n, Hawk, stop making out and get your asses out here!"