𝟜𝟙.

"What the fuck?"

Tossing and turning, unable to get everything my mom said to me earlier out of my head, I couldn't help but wonder if I went too far. I know I wasn't the only one to be blamed here, but ever since I started Cobra Kai... I noticed a lot more harshness in my overall conduct.

Not saying it's not like me, because I can be a real bitch when I want to be... But I think being in Cobra Kai has normalized that side of me. I shouldn't have accused her of using me for business like that, but somewhere deep down, both of us know that it's kinda true.

However, before I could find more reasons to feel sad, which is honestly something I tend to do a lot every time I get sad, a subtle knock on my window snapped me out of it. At first I thought it was nothing, but when it continued, I decided to check it out.

"Eli? What the fuck-" I nearly scream when I see the boy. Quickly opening the window, I let him in, looking around to see if anyone saw this. "Dude- what are you doing here?" I ask, keeping it down so that my mom wouldn't come in for a round 2.

"I heard screaming." He answers. "I just wanted to make sure you were okay." He whispers. A little touched by that, I just pull him into a hug. Overwhelmed by everything that happened, I nuzzled up close to his chest, wanting to forget about everything that happened.

Without asking any questions, he simply hugged me back, pulling me close.

My arms snaked around his neck, and his wrapped themselves around my waist, holding me tight. His chin rested on my shoulder, and my face rested against his chest. So he really does care about me, despite his entire, cocky dickhead persona.

"Is everything okay...?" He then asks after about a minute of silence when I finally broke the hug. "Yeah, we just can't be here though." I mumble, walking up to the window, sitting by edge. "What are you doing?!" He walks up to me, worried.

"Relax. I do this all the time." I roll my eyes, looking for a string. Once I found it, I tugged on it, revealing a small ladder I had built for myself. Climbing it, I made it to the roof after a couple of steps, and sat there, waiting for a very hesitant Eli.

After about 5 minutes of consideration, the boy finally made it, making me pull the string up once he was up. "Dude, you're crazy- Are you sure this is safe?!" He asks once I look up, gazing at the stars. "Yes, and no." I deadpan, feeling the warmth in my chest get hotter as I began thinking more about our hug.

"Do you comes here often?" He asks. "Only when I need to think." I mumble.

"You're out of the hospital." I then muse, changing the topic as Eli sat beside me. "Yeah, I guess they finally decided to stop constantly torturing me with the rabies shots." He chuckles wryly. "I can't believe you actually befriended one of those monsters!" He then adds.

"Hey, he wasn't a monster, alright? They're fucking adorable!" I defend, making him laugh a little. "Training was a little too intense though." I then add. "Agreed. I did like the part where we had to destroy shit though." He replies.

"Same. Every time I broke something, I imagined it was Kyler's face." I deadpan, making him smile. "Hey, what happened there?" His droopy eyes were filled with concern as his hand found it's way to my cheek, gently grazing against my cut skin, soothing it a little.

Liking his cool touch on my warm skin, I close my eyes, resting my face into his hand, allowing myself to relax before realizing what I was doing. "I think it must've happened during one of the workouts." I answer, looking away, blushing furiously. "You're such a clutz." He simply chuckles.

We spend the rest of the night talking about everything.

Right from karate, to the incidents that took place at school, to our past experiences, and even our favorite movies. "Dude no way- I literally cried when Dobby died!" I say, wanting to tear up all over again. "No way- Me too!" Eli replies, and we both spoke about some more Harry Potter.

"So... you got eyes on anyone?" I then ask him casually, changing the topic. 

"Uhh...y-yeah! I do actually." He replies, looking away, hiding his redness. "Do I know them?" I ask, a little upset by that. "Um, maybe?" He mumbles coyly. "Can you tell me something about them?" I ask, very curious now. "Well, there really isn't much to tell, really." He sighs.

"Other than the fact that she is fucking amazing." He quickly adds. "Everything about her is just so... splendid. Her personality, her looks, her body? She is perfection in a person!" He rambles, making me laugh a little at his enthusiasm.

"Her eyes have these fiery sparks in them that can just light up my entire world. And I don't care HOW cheesy I may sound right now, but every time she smiles at me... It-it just makes me feel like the luckiest guy ever. She's all I can ever think of." He blushes.

Something about his look, however, was very oddly familiar.

It's the same look Sensei had when he was telling us about Ali. Which must mean that he really loves this girl. Though I found it very sweet, it kinda stung a lot too, because this just signed away all hopes I've ever had about being with him.

Despite undergoing all the stages of grief at once, I decided to put on my best smile, and support my friend. "That sounds great, Eli. I-I'm really happy for you." I lie. "I may not know much about this... mystery girl, but I do know that she is very lucky to have someone like you by her side." I add.

"I wouldn't say that... When we met, I wasn't exactly at my best." He mumbles. "Nonsense. You've always been great, Hawk. If only you could see yourself the way I see you, maybe you'd finally understand that--" I rant before instantly shutting up, realizing what I was about to say.

That was close...

"Y/n..." Eli was about to say something, but instead of letting him continue, I quickly grabbed his phone, checking the time before pushing him down, lying down beside him. "W-what are we--" He questions. "Wait for it." I mumble, looking up.

And before he could ask me anything else, a plane flew right over our heads, with a loud noise following. "Holy shit- That was insane!" He exclaims, a little startled and a little amazed. "I know right?" I chuckle at his reaction. "Every night at 11:11 on the dot." I explain.

"Which reminds me... Time to make a wish!"

A/N

So uh, this was kinda trashy... I just wanted to add some family drama because that's a common feedback I've received from one of you, but I don't know how that turned out.

Like, don't get me wrong or anything, but when I write, it's usually as an escape from reality, which is why most of the times my characters end up leading perfect lives and shit.

Of course, quarrels with parents are normal, but since all of my readers come from different cultures and backgrounds, I don't exactly know what YOU would consider drama.

Like for instance, in Asian, Hispanic, Black and maybe even Eastern European cultures, I believe it's pretty normal to hit their kids, right? (I'm sorry if I got that wrong, it's just I've seen a few memes/jokes about that in a couple of tiktoks, so...)

And in a lot of white cultures, it's not very standard, I guess? Hence the entire "Ginny needs an Asian mom" joke. So yeah, if y'all didn't like the past 2 chapters, I might re-edit them once I'm not as sleep deprived, or even remove them based on your recommendation.

Sorry for ranting lmao, I was just a little unsure of this entire part. But yeah, I hope y'all like it anyway! And if you do, don't forget to vote and comment, as it really keeps me going.

Byeeeeeeeee🤍🤍🤍

P.S. The sequel will be coming out before this week ends <3