Season 2: Arc 6, First times; Meetings

.
.
.
.
.

It had been only a day since you engaged in battle with Kisei, the knowledge of Hinokami's identity weighing heavy on your mind. He had been very distant during duty, never taking any time to talk during patrols.

You had also written and created your project all last night, you did it on the Sun&Moon duo. A risky topic, yet one that you felt was fascinating to research.

You walked into Japenese class, walking over to your seat before Sabito stopped you. "Y/n-san . . . may we speak by my desk for a moment? Privately please." You looked over your shoulder at Shinobu who sat down across from Tanjiro, giving her a thumbs up to let her know you were fine.

You sat in the chair across from his desk, leaning forward as he did. "What's up?" Sabito looked serious as he began to explain.

"Y/n-san . . . I want you to understand that your project was truly amazing, very well researched. But I have to say . . . it's to risky for me to put any records of a project that controversial into your gradebook." He spoke in a hushed tone as he tried to rush through his words. "I've created a new project in place of the one you made. Your grade will be a perfect one hundred. But please do not speak of this with your classmates. I'm trying to protect you." A sharp pain shot through your head as your memory clicked.

"I'm trying to protect you Y/n. I know you may not heed my warning but please think carefully."

That's Sabito-sensei. In my past life?
I can't exactly seem to remember when or how he said that to me though.

"Okay. I'll forget it ever happened. What happened exactly?" You joked, to which a grin broke on his serious face as he sent you back to your seat.

"What did hottie want?" Shinobu questioned as you sat down.

"He was just asking about my-"

"Alright class!"

Nice save teach.

•.___.•

Hinokami stood at the coordinates you both had been given just hours ago. You walked up behind him silently. "Are you nervous?" He flinched hearing your voice, hand going for his sword as he was so lost in his thoughts he hadn't sensed your scent.

"Depends." You furrowed your brows in confusion at the answer, before looking around the empty field.

"Anyways . . . what's out here anyways? This certainly can't be headquarters-" You gasped as the floor opened beneath you both, gravity pulling you down. You grabbed your bandages, throwing them onto a pipe close to the ceiling of the underground area, before slowly gliding to the floor.

You quickly noticed a guard like man standing in front of you two, before the hatch shut above you.

"The master is expecting you. Right this way." He said smoothly, leading you both down a hall. The area was gray and dirty, not exactly what you were expecting for the Secret Samurai's headquarters. You wrapped up your bandages as you walked beside Hinokami, heading towards a large door at the end of the hall.

He held open the door, leading to a room with a circular table, and some recognizable people, some new.

Your eyes instantly landed on Kocho, then moved to the cruel beauty duo. But the rest of the people had a vague familiarity to you.