Communications; Lies Pt.5

Warnings: Death, profanity, blood, screaming, violence, crying, and a reveal.

Communications; Lies Pt.5
.
.
.
.
.

•= Medusa POV =•

I have been slicing at this wall for minutes, every time it just melts against my blades. I'm losing stamina quickly, every time I unleash a technique.

My head shoots up, hearing a horrifying scream. Beast.

I fear for the worst, thinking she has been hurt or worse as I slam by blades into the flesh.

Sound breathing • Roar

I slam my dual blades down into the flesh again, this time with higher force and technique as my veins bulge in my arms. A loud boom coming from them, a small hole forming in the flesh, quickly healing.

"Damn it!" I groan, tossing my head back.

"Medusa . . . " I twirl around quickly, gasping at the sight of Y/n, blood pouring from her mouth as she coughs. "I think I'm dying." I rush to her side, ripping my hood off my uniform, pressing it down on one of her wounds.

She seems to bleed more.

I'm not medically trained at all.
I don't know what to do-

Wait.

This demon is a shifting demon.

Serpent and the Demon confirmed that Y/n made it safely out the building.

This is fake.

It's fake and my teammates need me.

"I'm sorry." I play along, watching 'Y/n' die. Getting up, I dig my heels into the floor before running forward, putting everything I have into this.

Sound breathing • ROAR

My maroon blades crash through the flesh, tearing a large hole through it. Gasping when I see Beast, curled up in a ball on the ground, holding her head as she mutters to herself.

Enabling total concentration breathing, I run forward faster than I've ever ran before. Dropping to my knees beside her.

"It's not real it's not real it's not real it's not real it's not real it's not real it's not real-" "Beast! Snap out of it." I tug her to have her sit on her knees, watching her mutter to herself repeatedly, trying to maintain a sense of reality.

"BEAST!" It seems my words don't get through to her, brows furrowing as I consider how to help. Conflicted with the solution I think of, but I can't bear looking at her like this any longer.

I tug down her mask, gasping when I see Shinobu. I tug my mask down as well, looking into her eyes. A hand on her shoulder.

"Shinobu. It's me, Uzui."

"It's not real, it's not-" "Shinobu!" "AHH!!!"

She snaps out of the trance she in, her fist going for my face while heavy force. I catch her wrist, looking into her teary bright green eyes with sympathy.

"Uzui . . . you . . . " I hear flames, tugging her mask up, then mine, right before Hinokami and Serpent burst through a wall close to us.

"Are you both okay?" Serpent runs to us with concern dropping to her knees next to us.

"Yes . . . well . . . no . . . what happened to the demon?" I look around, the flesh burning away to reveal the store.

"I injected it with enough poison to nullify its blood demon art, then Hinokami cut its head off. That blood demon art was powerful. If that demon could harness its technique better, we may have lost tonight."

"We couldn't cut it until Serpent helped. I think the credit here goes to her." Hinokami says, looking outside where press is already gathering.

"I don't need any credit." She curses under her breath, helping Beast up. "Look, unless you guys want to be swarmed, I recommend taking Waterfly and going out the back. She's by the backdoor."

"Radio Kocho. She can get a support group member to you guys and tend to your wounds."

•= Your POV =•

"Serpent! Was there a demon attack here?" Microphones were shoved in your face, cameras recording you and Hinokami.

"Yes, but we have neutralized the threat. Two civilian casualties." You looked down, truly upset you were unable to save them.

"Reports say there was a girl with you Hinokami. Who is she?"

"Waterfly. One of our trainees. Our other two were also here, all badly injured but safe."

"To all of you watching at home, don't be fearful. Hinokami, Waterfly, me, and all of the Samurai's are working hard to ensure your safety." The crowd got closer.

"Serpent! Was 'Samurai's' an official name for your organization?" Questions of similar wording were thrown at you, trying to find an opening to slip away.

"I think Serpent is exhausted from the battle." Hinokami slung an arm over your shoulder, noticing the way you were swaying back and forth, dizzy from all the lights being flashed in your face.

•= Medusa POV =•

Sitting in silence next to Beast, or Shinobu while we wait outside Kocho's office. Tears in her eyes while she stares at the floor ahead, hands squeezing her knees while trying to hold it together.

"She's going to be okay." She sighs, leaning forward, forehead touching her knees as her hand go over her neck.

"I know. I know. That demon . . . it was like he knew everything about me. Like he read me like an open book and that terrifies me. Am I that obvious? Are my weaknesses that exploitable to the point where I fell apart on the battlefield?"

"Stand up." She looks up as I stand, looking confused.

"Huh?"

"Just do it." She stand up straight, tensing when I step forward and hug her. Muscles easing, body shaking as she cries into my chest.

"Don't you dare say anything. I'm not crying." I nod, letting her let it out, sensing she needs a hug. Needs to be held and supported.

Rubbing my thumb up and down her arm as she finishes crying. "I'll always be here to give you a hug. I won't ever ask why."

•.___.•

Word count; 970