Exchanges; Buttons

Warnings: Profanity, teasing, and name calling.

A/n: Something that will begin to pop up more in the story if you haven't caught on already is senses. Tanjiro=Scent, Shinobu=Touch, Uzui=Hearing, and Y/n=Sight.

There are also slight manga spoilers, just about who Inosuke ends up marrying in the end.

Love you,

-Erii

Exchanges; Buttons
.
.
.
.
.

●= Shinobu Hashibira POV =●

Stretching my arms above my head, tense muscles easing as the dread of waking up settles in. Quickly I dress into my body suit, hoping to get some work done before the sun rises. The only way I can seem to distract myself lately is demon hunting.

My feelings for Serpent never felt like anything real. Nothing extreme, just attraction for her voice, passion, and drive. Idolization, not adoration.

But Aoi, Waterfly, is so much more. I love her with ever fiber of my being, but even I know how this works.

She's bound to fall in love with Inosuke, every time. Though they have not met yet, it would be wrong for me to lead her on knowing that she is meant for my crazy, insane, passionate brother.

I could never take that from him.

"ButterflyBeast. I noticed heavy movement on your tracker, is everything alright?" Serpents voice cut through my earpiece, just in time for the sun to begin rising behind me, a multitude of demons ashes flying up into the air as I slipped back into a conscious state.

"Yes boss. Just blowing off some morning steam." I sighed as she exited the channel with a short goodbye, feeling out of control with the Samurai's pulling the strings to our lives.

The master gives me a strange feeling. Serpent and Hinokami introduced us trainees to him the first time we went to head quarters. The vibrations I felt when he spoke, everyone thinks his voice is calm, moving, soothing, if you will.

I don't. Its pretty damn unnerving if you ask me.

I felt a disruption in the air behind me, turning as my blades clicked into place within the grip of my gloves hands, before seeing dazzling deep blue eyes staring into mine.

Deep blue oceanic bliss. A crash of colors I could stare into forever, a true reflection of paradise.

"Hello. You're up early." Aoi commented, stepping closer to me, ponytails flowing behind her as we watched the sun rise with each other.

"Yes I am. The days seem to be passing faster, but our progress doesn't ever seem to keep up. Time isn't waiting. So we'll just have to work harder."

●.___.●

Pillar training. At first I called Serpent a fucking idiot for suggesting we interfere in something so serious, but having this experience is highly beneficial. Hinokami seems to rush in the room, no Serpent in sight as he is running late.