Sight of Failure; The Masked Unmasked

Warnings: Profanity, violence, insults, revelations, and a Demon Slayer Mark.

Sight of Failure; The Masked Unmasked
.
.
.
.
.

•= Medusa POV =•

Eyes staring hard on the screen of the monitor, searching for any sign of Hinokami. Hating the order of remaining in base, not knowing what or how Serpent is doing.

Waterfly and Beast sparring in the background, Mantis watching over Bloodmoon who has also been dying to search for Serpent and Hinokami. A pout on her face as she sits knees to her chin on the floor.

Nightfall when a singular red dot begins to blink somewhere in a nearby forest. Gasping, rubbing my eyes to confirm I am seeing the screen correct.

"Guys! His tracker is back on!" The group rushes back over to me, confirming my words with there own eyes.

"Alright you three, get ready to kick some kidnapping demon ass." Bloodmoon smirks, the feature looking beautifully unnatural on her sweet face.

"I thought the orders were to remain her until Serpent gives a different order?" Waterfly nervously fidgeting as she thinks of the hell Serpent will bring if she were to find out we went against orders.

"Another one of her orders was Cruel Beauty is in charge. And that pitiful girl is going to get herself killed with stupidity if we don't help her." Mantis snarls. Nodding at there reasoning, turning to Beast as we share a look of determination.

"You told me to follow my morals. It would be immoral to sit here and do nothing when Serpent is risking her life for a teammate. 'Who gives a damn what Serpent thinks?'"

She repeats my words, letting go of her insecurity of validation and not fulfilling others requests to the fullest. Making her own decision as I nod.

•.___.•

Us four arrive at the forest, Waterfly staying behind to find Kocho in case this fight became bloody. Eyes catching on Serpent and what appears to be Hinokami wrestling on the floor.

"Serpent!" Beast runs to Serpent, being cut off as a female demon appears in front of her. Pitch black hair and eyes, cracks across its entire body with half of a white laughing theater mask covering her face.

Hinokami's mask in her left hand as she  holds it up. The four of us standing next to each other in a line, glaring at the enemy while gripping our weapons.

"Oh wow! You all seem like worthy opponents! I will possibly have a bit of fun while protecting him from you."

A females voice echoes throughout the dead forest, eyes scanning over the black kanji visible on her forehead. Her aura overpowering as it feels heavy in my lungs.

A low deep sound emitted from her chest that creates a new level of fear in me as I gulp.

"Lower one . . . " Mantis snarls, scratching his neck while looking at the demon with disgust.

"I am rank #6! If I am the least bit competent I can protect these children and see my duty fulfilled!"

Bloodmoon's demeanor falls into something more confident and vile as her expression melts into a smirk.