Communications; Lies Pt.2

Warnings: Profanity and Speculation.

Communications; Lies Pt.2
.
.
.
.
.

"Hinokami, did you not take her to safety?" ButterflyBeast asked, a little to enraged for just a Samurai.

"I tried. But I was confronted with a demon who looked exactly like Serpent. We have a deceiving shape-shifter on our hands, and according to the demon, it only sensed three other comrades in the building. Meaning one of you is a fake." Everyone let out an array of gasps, all of them beginning to doubt each other.

"The only one here you should trust right now, surprisingly enough is her." Hinokami took a step towards his comrades, gesturing to you.
"She singlehandedly found out the demon was, well a demon. And I was with her during the time of the confrontation. Though I won't exactly nominate my self for most trustable. After all I could have snuck in during before I tried to get her out. So for that reason she should be the one to interview us all."

What TV show bull shit is this?

Everyone agreed, yet didn't look to happy about bringing a bystander into their problems. If only they knew.

"What's your name?" Hinokami asked, though you knew he already knew.

"Y/n." You said softly, putting on the act of a scared normal teenage girl. He nodded to you, letting you know to go ahead.

So what now?
I interview them all like a reality TV show?
Stupid as this is it might work.
I know them all best.

You walked up to Bloodmoon first, taking in every inch of her beautiful appearance, trying to find a flaw. "What's your name?"

"Bloodmoon." She smiled, putting on a brave face despite the situation.

"How did you get here?" She sighed, lulling her head downwards as she thought. Almost seeming like she hunched forward out of nerves as she thought.

"I was out hunting demons for the past couple of hours, before I got an alert from someone here about a demon. Then I came to help out." You looked out the window, noticing the position of the moon being low west, the opposite end of the sky being full of vibrant colors.

"Alright, what's your name?" You turned to ButterflyBeast, her giving you an amused look before answering.

"ButterflyBeast."

"ButterflyBeast, where did you go after running into Hinokami and I?" She maintained eye contact, sometimes looking away with an annoyed expression on her face.

"I swept the area like he asked me to, looking for any demons when I ran into Medusa. He said he had been looking for Serpent or Hinokami when he got here, hoping they had arrived before him or something like that. We then agreed to look around the rest together, before we found Waterfly where you guys were coming from. Unharmed, sitting alone." Beast explained, sitting down on the counter sensing this was going to be a long interview.

"I assume your Medusa. "You looked to Medusa, who nodded as he gave you his full attention and utmost respect. "What happened from your perspective?"

"I was out shopping next door when the power went out. I sensed demonic energy coming from here, and came hoping Serpent or Hinokami got here before I did not wanting to face a demon alone and possibly injure bystanders due to my inexperience. I ran into ButterflyBeast, and her story checks out from there." You nodded.

"Hinokami, could you step out of line for a moment?" He nodded, coming up to you.

Whispering a question in his ear, before he whispered his answer back. "ButterflyBeast and Medusa, please stand over there." You pointed to a couple feet right from where you stood with Hinokami. They obliged, looking at Bloodmoon and Waterfly with confused stares.

"I believe there is not one demon among you five. But two."

Murmurs rose between the comrades, looking at everyone to see who they thought it was. "You see, before I ran into Hinokami I noticed I had no service on my phone. Also, demons cannot survive in sunlight correct? For Bloodmoons story to be plausible, it would have to be later into the night, and the service has to have been running for her to receive a message from inside." The girl gasped at you accusation, deep blue eyes going wide.

"Also, if I'm not mistaken Hinokami left Waterfly with injured bystanders. Taking what ButterflyBeast said and what Medusa confirmed, they saw her alone. Can you explain to me what happened to Waterfly and the bystanders?" You pointed accusatory at Waterfly, truly upset if the Tsuguko Kocho had entrusted to you were hurt.
"Or were you a demon all along?"

Bloodmoon looked at you with an amused smirk. "I'm surprised you actually were able to figure it out. Then again, there is only so much an image can do." The demon smirked, before a glowing blue Kanji emerged from both the girls foreheads and eyes, before fading into black.

"Let's see you outsmart me again. Lower moon six of the twelve kizuki." A wicked smile spread across the fakes face. Your heart beating in your head as you realized the severity of the situation. Though Hinokami is a pillar, during the battle with lower moon five it took two pillars and countless Mizunoto to defeat him. We have him and two Mizunoto, and the most experienced Tsuguko we have is either captured or unaware of what's going on.

Then there's you. But Hinokami most definitely won't let you out of his sight, leaving you no opportunities to escape and come back as Serpent.

Hinokami seems to realize this to as he unsheathed his sword with unease. "I'd suggest you find that little friend of yours whose appearance I stole." The demon that looks like Waterfly remarked. "She looked pretty beaten up the last I saw her.

"YOU SHUT UP!" You gasped, seeing ButterflyBeast go into a rage.

"The look of terror on her face when I ate those people in front of her! Watching her helplessly stare as they were devoured-" The demon made the wrong move, ButterflyBeast launching forward with two brutal slashes as the image of her comrade or friend was being disregarded with her growing anger at the demon.

"Damn. We stand no chance without Serpent." Hinokami cursed while watching his teammates go to battle with the two demons.

"I could take your messaging device and try to contact her. I could get outside while you helped-" "No. I won't make the mistake of letting a bystander out of my sight again." He said with authority, letting out a sigh as you realized this was going to be a long night.

•.___.•

Word count; 1115