Meetings; Tsuguko

Meetings; Tsuguko
.
.
.
.
.

"So you came to me, so I can train a stubborn and determined boy?" You sensed his nervousness as you teased him. "I'm messing with you. He seems like exactly my type, I'll be glad to give him guidance."

"Thank you. I'll go get him now."

You looked behind you, seeing Hinokami walking up to you with water bottles. "What was that I was just hearing about?" He asked, placing down the beverages on the bench beside you.

"I just adopted us a Tsuguko. He's about our age and needs to be toughened up."

"Serpent." You turned on your heel to the sound of Dionysus. "This is my nephew. Now listen up, you are to listen to everything she says alright you little punk?" You looked behind him to see a smaller version of the man, who was still much taller than you. This boy had messy white hair, a black mask, and a hood covering his head. The shirt was sleeveless, showing his muscles before going into elbow length black fingerless gloves.

"Whatever old man." After Dionysus left, you walked up to the boy.

"Alright, what's your name? Breathing style?" He turned to you, giving you his attention and respect.

"I don't have a code name, so whatever works for you is fine. I'm a sound breather." You thought for a moment.

"Alright rookie. So your a runner? You have high stamina?"

"Not high enough. I almost collapse every time I try to use a breathing technique." His honesty is a nice change from other people.

"Alright. We're going to play a game of tag." The scoffed, before realizing you were serious. "Everything goes. Hinokami will run away from you, and you will try to touch him. After you can do that, you can try to catch up to me."

"Oh yeah?" You nodded.

"Is there an issue?"

"No ma'am." As you watched the boys run around each other you realized that this boy was much more respectful to you then to Hinokami.

Weird.
Maybe its some moral thing?

"Serpent!!!!" You turned to see Bloodmoon sprinting towards you, with a hunched over Mantis in tow.

"Oh-" You jumped as she wrapped her arms around your neck. "Bloodmoon. It's nice to see you."

"I know! I feel like its been forever since we last saw each other. I came to let you know when we're meeting for me training you both." She got through telling you the date before you heard a loud crash.

"I took a sharp turn at the wall and I guess he couldn't turn in time." Hinokami looked down with concern to the rookie who was groaning in pain on the floor.

"That's a perfect lesson on why I'm having you do this exercise. Although you are fast and strong, that means nothing if you don't know how to use your strengths, and if your body is incapable of using those strengths. So come on," You stuck your hand out in front of the boy to help him up.

"Again."

●.____.●

"This was an eventful night." You yawned, looking out across the night skyline, the city lights shining brightly ahead.

Hinokami removed his mask, and somehow a brighter light shined in his eyes as he looked back to you with a small smile. You quickly got flustered, seeing him. Just him.

"Oh, I'm sorry. It thought since you knew who I am, you would be okay if I-" "It's alright Fox-kun. You just took me off guard that's all." You smiled back though he couldn't see under the bandages, side eying him looking like your grandfather.

"It's crazy to think about all that's happened to us since we met. Especially to you. I'm envious of your impact." You scoffed, looking at him with admiration and insecurity.

"Your envious of me?"

"Yes. I wish I was strong enough to hold my own like you do in stressful situations. And how you can fight is unlike anything I've ever seen. Your wits, and intelligence . . . " He looked at you as if you were Y/N for a split moment. "Anyone would be envious."

"You flatter me Tanjiro." He looked confused. "The bar?" His face cutely lit up as he realized what you were alluding to.

"Oh yeah, haha. I was really confused for a moment when you were there, and when you knew my name. But I guess I did have a name tag." You chuckled along with him.

"Well, as much as I wish I could share my identity with you right now, I can't. Not quite yet. But I've seen you around the city as just civilians. It shocked me when I saw you, at a bar." His eyes shined with curiosity, before dying down out of respect for your wishes.

"Yeah." He sighed, his head lulling to the side as he looked at you.

You, to busy with watching the city buzz didn't notice. Before your mood changed to seriousness. "I never wanted to be the face of anything. I've always been a shell, filled with what others designed me to be. But I'm content with my decision. This mundane innocent life of these people is something I will give my all to protect. No one should know what its like to be a victim. And I'll ensure as many peoples safeties as I can." He sat silently listening to your speech.

"The air is changing. I can tell. Something big is coming but I'm ready." Your hand slid over his. "I want to face this with you."

"Of course." He responded without hesitation. I will protect you and with everything in my power ensure that you're safe."

•.___.•

Word count; 950