Arc 7, Pillar Training; Rank # 8

A/n: There's a little surprise for your at the end!

Arc 7, Pillar Training; Rank #8
.
.
.
.
.

You told him to wait on your bed while you got changed in your bathroom. Exiting to see him admiring you room.

"You were serious about buying our merch huh?" Her looked to the action figures on your shelf.

"Why would I joke?" You said sarcastically, opening a desk drawer to grab his sword guard before sitting on the bed across from him. "I grabbed this for you before I made my leave during the battle a couple days ago." You said, pulling back the white cloth to reveal his flame guard to him.

"Really?" He seemed excited, thinking it was lost forever.
"Thank you Y/n-chan." He hugged you for a moment, before pulling back.

He sighed, before lying back on your bed. You turned off your lamp, before doing the same. Snuggling up against his side, before listening to his heartbeat.

"I wish I could provide a room full of toys for my child." He whispered the small confession as a few tears slipped down his face.

"What do you mean?" You asked, moving away slightly to look into his eyes.

"In the life were we defeated Kibutsuji we did have children. Yet we both died before they turned into toddlers. In other lives we've had children as well but . . . "He trailed off, a pained and angry expression on his face as he shivered out of anger. "Everything bound to me is cursed with death." He mumbled.

"Let me make you a promise." His teary wine eyes looked up into yours. "After we've defeated Kisei and the demons, we'll live a normal happy life together. We'll start dating, though I'd beg to say what we have is alot stronger than that." He chuckled slightly. "Then we'll get married and have kids, we'll watch them grow up. We'll see everything. Their first steps, all the way to their kids." He looked at you with a sad smile.

"You've already activated your demon slayer mark. Even if we get rid of Kisei that curse will still remain."

"We'll figure it out." You pulled him closer letting him sigh shakily as he buried his face into your chest. Throwing your arms over his shoulders while his wrapped around your waist. Finding comfort in each others embrace as you were slowly lulled off to sleep.

●.___.●

Groaning as you woke up, before your face melted into a smile, feeling Tanjiros chest against your cheek, both entangled with each other. He seemed to wake up with the stir of your scent, eyes opening slowly as a smile crept onto his sleepy face. Looking up to meet his adoring gaze.

"This was the first peaceful sleep I've had in months." He admits, pushing your face softly back into his neck with a soft embrace. Laying with each other for a few minutes more before sighing.

"We have to go to head quarters today. Kocho's Hashira training goes on today." He groans, knowing you are right.

"Hey Y/n-chan?" He mumbled, the acknowledgement of needing to get up being made previously yet the both of your remain in the comforting embrace.

"Hmm?" You hummed, rolling over to lay on his front, him on his back you looked into his eyes.

"You said Hashira training . . . Do you have any memories of your past lives?" He questioned.