Meetings; Association's

.
.
.
.
.

Walking into class had a completely different atmosphere now that you know who Hinokami is. In gym it was easy to avoid him. But now it was English, and of course Genya wasn't here to keep some of his attention.

You scribbled on a blank piece of paper, tracing the outline of Hinokami's mask with red pen. Now that you knew who he was, who wouldn't mess with him? "What are you drawing?" Tanjiro asked, leaning over to see.

"It's the mask of the guy who was on the news. I think its a nice design. I wonder whose behind that mask . . ." You teased, noticing as he grew flustered, his cheeks and ears darkening in color as he looked away.

"What do you think of that girl? The one who saved the child."

Hmm.
Out of everything, the news coverage, that was the event he chose to associate me with?
Interesting.

"I think she's determined to keep everyone safe. And scared that she can't protect those who matter most to her." You glanced over at him, his gaze on his note page as he highlighted his hand written notes.

"I understand that feeling." Your brows furrowed, a strange feeling overcame you as you knew that you needed to remember something.

Tanjiro sat down softly on the roof, staring up at the stars before smelling her scent beside him. "Hello Y/n-chan." She smiled at him, yet didn't speak. "Why did you come up here?" She just continued to smile. "Do you want me to talk or . . ."
"Yes."
His breath hitched hearing your voice without a coin flip. He gulped nervously, before turning back to the stars. "Well . . . I came out here to think. That last battle with Upper moon six. It was really eye opening for me. I saw Nezuko almost harm a human, and I thought . . . what if I can't protect her? If I was a second later she might have devoured that poor woman. I'm not strong enough. I need to protect her. She's all I have left . . ."

"I know you'll do everything you set your heart out to do." You breathed, placing down your pen gently on the desk.

"I hope to. I need to."" For you." Rested on the tip of his tongue.

•.___.•

"This place was used in the early 1900's for crop growth." Hinokami explained as you walked into the empty area. Plastic sheets blew up from the metal walls, above that being glass windows into a solid roof.

"A green house." You observed, running your hands over the metal sill on the wall.

"Yes . . . I thought because our warehouse was burnt up in the last battle, we should have a new place to meet. Somehow reporters manage to take our photo when we're on rooftops so." He gestured to the space around you both.

Someone's here.

The scent hit his nose the moment you sensed it. Your hands going to your weapons, holding them up in defense.

"I knew that you guys rendezvous at that warehouse." A laugh echoed in the room.

"Who's there?" You turned quickly, seeing a shadow move along the wall. Before you could move, a smaller figure had swooped to the ground, before standing up in front of you, against the front of your body.

"Hello Serpent. We never had the chance to formally meet during the battle a little while ago." The familiar green eyes of ButterflyBeast shined up at you, something more confident lying in them.

"Beast. Why are you here?" You questioned as she twirled away. You took in her new appearance,  seeing she was in a sleeveless body suit that covered everything up to her chin. The same mask covering her face, along with her gloves.

"Like I said, I want to make an impression. You caught me off guard at that mall, I wasn't quite myself." She looked up at your through her thick eyelashes in a seductive way.

Beast stepped closer, making you put your hands up subconsciously. "Oh. You're not going to do anything with that." She coed, before quickly dashing behind you, hitting a specific point in your left shoulder that made a burning pain shoot through your body.

"How did you do that?" You turned around slowly, clutching your arm in pain.

"It's quite simple. When you saved that little girl from being shot you had no time to switch to a proper technique. That created permanent damage. Make sure you avoid getting hit there."
She dusts her gloved hands off, before making her way closer to the window.

"Your good with anatomy."

"It so happens I am. A little bird told me that you and your partner here are recruiting rookies like myself to train. We want in." You looked up at the window, seeing the small shadowy figure looming over you, ribbons flying from the persons hair in the night wind.

"Who is this friend of yours?" You asked, then the figure jumped down, slowly rising up to reveal . . .
"Waterfly? Since when have you two known each other?"

"That's not important." An annoyed tone comes from the taller of the two girls.
You exchange a glance with your partner, before he steps forward.

"If you both want us to train you, you need to understand it will involve hard and rigorous work. Our job isn't easy."

"So do we have a deal?" He reaches out his hand out to ButterflyBeast, allowing her to take your offer.
Them both stating in unison, "Deal."

•.___.•

Word count; 920