Chapter 6 - Decisions

Narrator POV

The power of words is overwhelming. Sitting on a rock, her black hair flew in the breeze. The waves on the beach were serene, unlike the war she felt inside her.

Law's words brought her clarity to face reality and made her realize that she needed to stop running away from herself and say what she feels and needs. He was a completely different person when he was alone with her, a side she wanted to believe only came out in her presence. It were words that were also surrounded by affection and passion that she also felt, but they both put them aside to give themselves to the moment, as it was difficult to know when they would be together again, not to mention being from different pirate crew's.

Eriss grew up in South Blue, much of her childhood was spent on the same island as her captain, but due to constant clashes her parents decided to move to another island. A decision that left her an orphan, these memories were repressed in the face of the terror of seeing both of them dead in front of her, while trying to protect her from thieves. The survival instinct and chaos of the moment kicked in and she was able to escape and survive. This survival meant that she had to grow up too quickly. She knew how to take advantage of situations to obtain favours, and so she travelled and learned to be an invisible but essential woman when she showed her colours.

Wounds that came to torment her once again. She thought she had overcome and healed. She had conformed to her way of being, but now the freedom and power to choose made her question her entire past and relationships until now.

Kid had saved her countless times as a child. And if he hadn't shown up at that time when she was about to be kidnapped without even realizing it, she might have been in a very different place.

Flashback On

Eriss was on the terrace of a bar enjoying a velvet cake accompanied by lemon tea, while reading a book on medicine and taking notes. After Law returned to his crew, she decided to stay on that island for a few days, the spring weather warmed her heart and the environment was quite calm. She just didn't know that she had been marked as a target, from the moment she made the mistake of going to the same places. After two hours, she packed her things and started walking back to the hotel.

Caught by surprise, she was pulled into an alley and pushed against the wall by a man slightly taller than her, causing her to fall to the ground. Even though the man was covered by a hood, she took out a small knife that she always kept hidden in her clothes. She manages to land a blow on his achilleas tendon, causing him to lose his balance. She quickly looks around to analyse the environment and starts to run, but is stopped by two other fishmen, this time much taller than her and with a greater strength. She is pushed against the wall again, but this time she has already managed to reach her bag and throws the small needles, but she forgets the fact that fishmen's skin is not fragile like that of humans. In seconds she is grabbed by both of them, she tries to strike again with the knife but to no avail. Her strength wasn't enough.

-You're tempered and capable of putting up a fight, even if without any success - says the first man who caught her who goes towards her - you're going to be a bitch on a leash for the celestial dragons.

Surrendered to the despair of the moment and conserving energy to try to escape at a future opportunity, she allows herself to be tied up but still suffers a slap from the first man. She feels a twinge and starts to feel tired and sleepy.