Chapter 32 - The taste of reality

Night had already fallen for several hours when Kid and Wire returned to the ship. Both were in the mood to celebrate, as they had obtained the information they needed and had acquired new weapons on the black market. When they entered the kitchen, the atmosphere was lively as always. The captain's eyes roam the room, but don't find who he was looking for. Before he can ask where the women were, Killer hands him a mug.

-They haven't arrived yet, but probably because it's late they decided to stay and sleep in the city.

-Without a warning?! - Kid drinks the liquid from the mug to calm his irritation

-They are women, you already know how they get lost when they are shopping.

Kid exchanges a look with Killer, who assures him that they would be fine, after all it was Eriss in charge. She could be impulsive, but without a doubt, she was the person with the most sense of responsibility of all of them. Being carried away by the environment and the drink that kept coming, Kid hides his worry and irritation. This is because he still hadn't forgotten how much she had teased him and he hadn't had the opportunity to take care of her after the little session they had.

...

Killer wakes up with rays of sunlight hitting his face and when he stretches his arms to cover his face, he falls to the floor and that's when he realizes he was on the couch sleeping. After everyone had called it a night, Kid started in one of his usual bad drinking moods. Only this time Eriss wasn't there to put up with him and it was up to him, and he decided that one of the typical men's nights at the office, smoking, drinking, and competing with each other, would help calm him down and make him feel better. he fell asleep.

With the bang, Kid ends up waking up too and starts grumbling because it's so early and because of the headache he has.

-Good morning to you too, captain! - Killer gets up and puts on his mask - I'm going to prepare coffee, it's impossible to deal with your morning mood in this state. Damn that witch, when she's not there for me.

-tsc, you're the one who's complicated here! You spent the night talking about Hop, but then I'm the one who's hard to put up with when I talk about Eriss. Go ahead and make yourself useful... - Kid sits on the floor, resting his back on the table - thanks for the company.

Kid POV

I had decided to stay on deck, the weather was pleasant, and I was impatient. I had already called Eriss and Hop several times, but none of them answered me and I was stopped by Killer from going looking for them because we would probably miss each other and according to his reasons it would be a mess for him. I couldn't say it was wrong, but I hated waiting. 

But even though Eriss didn't show it, I could see a smile and a look of happiness at going with Hop to the city and doing girly things. She smiled more, her posture was more relaxed around everyone, and everyone recognized the growth she had made over the last few months. I was proud of her, I hadn't had the chance to tell her yet. Words weren't my strong suit, and I'd never fallen in love like this. I was still trying to figure out how to show him how I felt through other actions that weren't almost always sexual. We showed our affection in front of others, but I couldn't forget that I was still the captain and had an image to maintain.

I see a person running towards the ship, as soon as I focus I know it's Hop. She was panting and her clothes were half torn. For her to be alone, Eriss... I stop my mind from thinking too much and go towards her, but not alone because Killer also notices her presence.

-CAPIT... FOM... ERISS... I...- she was about to fall, but was supported by Killer

-Hop! What happened? Are you ok? - Killer asks without hiding his concern