Chapter 34 - Toro toro no mi

-Wake up, you come back to bed without taking a shower.

I wake up to her and she messes with me and tries to push me out of bed. My only reaction was to hug her.

-You're alive!

-Of course I am. I told you I was just tired yesterday.

I take her by the shoulders and look into her eyes, her color has returned, her breathing is normal. What I was going to say next, I have no way of hiding or predicting how she will react. I hug her again this time with more force, preventing her from moving.-What the fuck, Kid, home...

-Eriss, you almost died again. We didn't know what you had or time to wait, you were getting weaker every hour. I made the decision to give you the devil fruit to try to save you. I know you didn't want to, but I also wouldn't let you die. It was my decision as a captain to save my subordinate, but also as a boyfriend to save the person I love most.

-YOU WHAT? ME WHAT?

Without her being aware, she uses her new powers and turns into liquid, escaping from my arms and ends up returning to human form from out of bed.

-No, no, I don't want this!

-Breathe, the most important thing is that you are okay. And the wound you had healed.

She touches the place where she was, which means she knew.

-I need to get air, this can't be happening.

She leaves the room at a fast pace and goes to the deck. I call her without getting an answer and go after her. It was daytime, but with yesterday's party only a few people were already awake. As soon as they see her they start calling for her and praising what she had done yesterday.

-Wait, let me talk - I try to grab her arm but in return I get a punch straight in the face.

-You didn't have the choice or the right!

-Would you rather I had let you die? You're not in yourself Eriss, this was the only option left.

-Eriss nothing Eutass! What am I supposed to do now? Being vulnerable like you in the face of oceanite? Oceanite from which my weapon is made? This fruit has too many weaknesses, that's why I didn't want it!

I try to grab her by the hand, but once again she becomes liquid and takes a few steps forward.

-ugh, I hate this!

-Eriss, you're alive! - shouts Killer who comes to see what was going on.

-You!!! -she goes towards him with her eyes almost burning with the fury with which she was - Why didn't you stop him? You're a bad friend Killer!

-He is our captain, the final decision would always be his. And you're a fucking ingrate! - he advances and only stops in front of her - You were at death's door, once again due to your own irresponsibility. What choice would anyone have, when they see one of their subordinates in this situation, when they blame themselves for not being there to protect, for having trusted and once again it could be almost too late? Stop being spoiled and learn from your fucking mistakes! It's not just him you worry, but all of us! We also entrusted you with our lives and this is what we receive? Ingratitude! - I see him clench his fists - If this is your reaction, you might as well have died.

She looks at him completely taken aback by those words, and runs away again, probably to her room.

-Killer, I think you were too hard on her. - I approach him and put my hand on his shoulder and smile slightly as thanks.