Chapter 24 - Do I still have feelings for you?

Law POV

I was resting when I felt Eriss moving, I ran towards her.

-Eriss-ya, you're safe, you're in polar tang.

She wakes up with difficulty. I feel her hand looking for mine, and I grab it and she immediately relaxes her expressions.

-Take your time, you were in a coma for several days.

She looks at me with a surprised and incredulous expression.

-Can you help me sit down?

-You'd better stay lying down, you're too weak. I'll let Eutass-ya know that you're already awake, I'll be right back.

-No, stay with me, please! I need a little more peace. – She grabs my hand and her expression changes to fear -I was on the verge of death, wasn't I?

-Yes, you had missing fragments that ended up causing injuries that resulted in internal bleeding.

She closes her eyes, but small tears begin to form.

-I'm sorry, I should have listened to you when you called me.

-It's not your fault Tral, I was the one who was irresponsible and ignored the pain. 

She starts to cry. I want to grab her and hug her, but in my head there are doubts. Knowing that she could have lost her brought back feelings that I thought were resolved. It's true that the affection always remained, but the bond we formed became strong, she was like a companion. When she made the decision, I refocused on my goals and tried to move forward.

-Don't cry. You're alive, that's what matters. You've always been stubborn, but you learn from your mistakes. And I promise that next time I won't jump to conclusions. – I take her hand and caress it. – You have people who care about you, including me.

She nods and wipes away her tears, slowly calming down.

-Thank you Law, you have always been very patient with me.

She smiled, that smile that always won me over and made her radiant.

-Can you tell Kid?

I pull the hat down and let go of her hand.

Eriss POV

I want the tears to stop falling, but I can't. I was irresponsible, I could have put others in danger. If it weren't for Law, I could have died. Seeing him again after so long, and especially as a caregiver, brought me a serenity that I hadn't felt since the last time we were together. But now I need Kid, I want to feel in his arms and feel protected from this fragility I feel.

I can hardly sit down, my body is weak and so is my spirit. As always, Law did a good job, the wound looks better. I put the bandages back on, but I'm sure I'll hear from him. I don't know whether to curse that damn Tashigi or breathe a sigh of relief, because maybe the punch she threw saved me from a worse fate.

-PRINCESS! – Kid comes in and wraps me in that hug - How are you feeling?

I can't answer because the tears start to fall. He looks me in the eyes and touches my face.

-I am here. What do you need Eriss Ito?

Law, who had also entered, upon hearing those words, closed his expression and left, leaving us alone.

-Continue hugging me, please.

He hugs me again, but this time he puts a little pressure and I let my head fall onto his shoulder.