Chapter 7 - Ghosts from the past

Eriss POV

-Kiddddddd! The Killer hid my weapons again, I beat him up, and now he won't stop chasing me.  - I run towards him running away and hold on to his belts, pouting.

-You woman from hell, I'm going to cut you into pieces! - Killer shouts, swinging his knifes towards me, but is repelled by Kid's power, falling to the ground and huffing in frustration.

I show him my tongue and look at Kid, with the biggest smile in the world, and without realizing it I was hugging him and melting into that body that started to make me feel protected. He pushes me away and strokes my face.

-Killer, give back her weapons or you'll lose yours.

-Since when did she become your first person and I your second? If she wasn't so clumsy in the kitchen, none of this would happen! - He sulks and crosses his arms.

The truth is that Killer tried to teach me how to cook, but it wasn't at all my strong point and he ended up making a big mess in the kitchen and in the face of defeat I threw constant tantrums. They weren't my best moments, but it was so fun to see him messing around and taking him seriously.

-It's your fault that you don't have any patience and keep bothering me with my other responsibilities. Next time I'll move everything around in the kitchen. - he gets up and comes towards me, I could feel his smile of accepted challenge.

-Either you two stop treating each other like children or you two keep watch and don't go to land!

-Yes captain! - we both say at the same time, exchanging a killing look.

I go back to my room to get ready, but I end up lying down on the bed. 

Finally a more central island, I need to buy new clothes, books, look for herbs to make sure there is nothing missing in the infirmary and invest in new weapons. And take a walk, since we're going to stay for a while until the ship is lined. I am interrupted from my thoughts by someone knocking on the door.

-It's open. - Kid enters and sits on the edge of the desk.

-I have a gift for you for all the efforts and progression you have made in training.

In seconds I jump out of bed and I am in front of him, like a child waiting for candy. I had really let down all my walls and I no longer had any problems acting without thinking twice, I was just the new me.

-You look so cute with your enthusiasm. I think I have to spoil you more often.

-I won't say no to that. But now give it to me, I want to see what it is!

He passes me a black velvet box with a bow and inside a simple but elegant silver metal choker, with a skull with two eyes made of emeralds.

-Kid, it's beautiful! Thanks! - I hug him and we stay there for a few seconds. I feel his hand on my head, in a loving gesture.

-Below the skull you can add a small knife or needle, I thought it would be useful in emergency cases.

-Without a doubt! Will you help me? - I take the choker and put it in her hands and pull my hair to the side.

I feel his fingers walking around my neck and the choker being put on, but then his fingers continue to walk around my shoulders. That makes me shiver and I end up leaning my back on him.

He grabs my waist and turns me towards him, getting close to my face. Our eyes meet. Because his eyes were a mix of red and orange, they reminded me of the sunset and I could get lost in them forever.