Chapter 10 - Broken Heart

Almost a day passed since Kid discovered my secret, I tried several times to approach him to talk, but we ended up being under attack by the navy or he managed to escape. It was already dawn and we were out of the navy's reach and the entire crew was exhausted, now was my chance. I froze in front of the door, I had a bad feeling, but at the same time, it will be like taking off a bandage.

I opened the door and he was sitting on the bed, his coat dried in the corner.

-Kid, let me explain.

-Go away Eriss, I'm tired.

I close the door behind me and take a few steps forward.

-I won't, we need to talk!

-Stop being disobedient and do what I tell you!

-Don't use your position as captain as an excuse. I just want to clarify what happened, I...

You what? - He turns and looks me in the eyes angrily. - You made me believe that you were also feeling something for me, but as soon as I give you more, you jump into the arms of others! Your relationship with that Law wasn't enough? Te more the better, I am right?

- You have no right! I never commented on any of the women you took to bed, I never judged you or thought less of you. Is that what you think of me? That I am an whore?

-What should I think? We kiss and then I see you holding onto a woman and smiling at her the biggest. I should have continued and taken you to bed, at least I could have been here in shit but happy that I had also used you.

I hadn't just heard those words, tears ran down my face without control. I raise my hand to slap him, but he quickly stops me.

-That was cruel! I came here to open my heart after it was broken and you started to pick up the pieces. But now you stabbed him even harder. You're worthless Kid, fuck off.

With difficulty I manage to free myself from his hand and run out the door, running to my room. I can't control the crying, my chest is so small, I want to disappear from this world!

...

Time didn't heal, but with the distance created with the world, I began to understand my feelings. I missed Kid excruciatingly, our interactions, when he used me as a distraction, his friendship, our flirtations. It's true, I had feelings for him, and I was willing to fight and give him a chance because I wanted something real, someone, with whom I could share my days, with whom to grow, with whom to smile and cry, with whom to explore even further. I wanted him!

But soon fate was treacherous and threw me ropes in which I stayed lost.

Days passed, which turned into weeks, which turned into a month. I avoided leaving the room, only for what was my responsibility, the few interactions I had with Kid were as a subordinate and nothing more. Killer and Heat tried to cheer me up and had constant plans in an attempt to resolve things as the atmosphere was like a knife. falls. How to deny my past, how to say no to one of the people I loved, and how not to be worried about the person who has been my support and support. They are people who are part of who I am, of my story, who taught me to trust and love.

I still had a knot in my stomach, my heart continued to hurt from the cruel words Kid said to me. The nostalgia of having met Kimi remains in my body and the distance that I had unconsciously placed between my friendship with Law. I was lost looking at the sea in the vague hope that everything that happened hadn't just been a bittersweet dream. 

I felt alone and helpless, it was as if I had gone back to my adolescence, at least the little I remember, living my days surviving and not navigating the weight I was carrying.

What I had left was to wait and focus on what I could control at that moment, to be better for myself!

...

-Eriss, we're going. Are you sure you're ready? - Killer came to call me to the infirmary.

-Yes, I swore loyalty to him, even with my heart broken, that's all I can offer.

As soon as we set foot on land, a tremendous powerful energy is felt. It was an autumn island, but it was reported to be peaceful, however we had not yet seen any animals. I keep my distance from Kid, despite noticing a few glances over his shoulder. The truth is that little information was given to me, and I didn't like that.

-Eutass "Captain" Kid, what brings you to this island?

-Shanks, "the redhead", so this is the power of being a yonkou, an uninhabited island.

-It's something I hope to see the new generation achieve. - He says with a smile. 

- But I suppose you're not here to talk.

-Well, I'd like to greet you but just one hand shouldn't be that easy - Kid, as always arrogant, smiles.

Shanks' look changes, and his serene and calm face changes to an intimidating look and a serious expression. We are surrounded by Shanks' crew, completely outnumbered. You can feel the war between two conqueror's hakis.

-Let's cut! - Killer starts spinning his knives and goes on the attack.

I glanced at Kid who was advancing on Shanks using the Gibson Slam. Bullets come at me, but I dodge them easily, I take the whip from my belt and quickly run my hand along its length, coating it with haki. With agile lashes, I break more bullets in half and still manage to knock down one or another weapon, but I am quickly forced to retreat. I feel like I'm rubbing shoulders with Killer, who was in the same situation as me.

Thunder breaks out in the skies and a scream echoes, it was Kid who had fallen to his knees completely covered in blood.

-NOOOOOOO! - I start running towards Shanks, enraged - I'm going to kill you, you bastard!

Long before I can reach him, I am brutally thrown against a rock with a wave of power from his fist.

-Girl, you still have to grow up more to be able to protect your captain. He's not dead, but so close.

Killer, taking advantage of him being distracted by me, tries to attack him from behind, but receives the same treatment as me.

-Loyalty is important, but don't forget that power is also important. Grow up and rechallenge me when you become even stronger.

Just as he appeared, Shanks and his crew disappeared.

I ran towards Kid, in addition to the deep wounds, he had also lost his left arm.

-Wake up, please. Eutass, don't you dare die! - the tears fall uncontrollably.