Chapter 29 - In the eyes of others

The navy had found us and the fighting was reaching its peak. I was starting to get frustrated that they didn't give up, and that I was the person assigned to defend Victoria Punk instead of attacking with the rest.

Before Heat jumped, he had asked me to take the helm. I wasn't happy, but I saw that Hop was scared and I decided to stay to protect her also.

Seeing the fight happening from another perspective made me see with my own eyes how strong Kid had become. I'm always fighting alongside him or too busy with my own fights to really see him. Hair blowing in the wind, his muscular body moving quickly, expressions of anger and frustration, and probably a lot of swearing in between. But without ever losing sight of those around him or the enemy. And as soon as he sees an opening, that superior smile appears. With each new attack, see the dexterity with which he used his new mechanical arm. It was so sexy watching him fight, it just made my heart beat even faster. Knowing that in the end, it was in that body that I could rest and let myself go. As quickly as it started, it also ended. The navy had no chance and we quickly sank that ship.

-Holy crap! They must know something, it's already the second ship in less than two weeks. - complains Killer, who sits on the deck floor.

-Two more days and we should reach the next island master. Do we stay the course?

-Yes, how long until the log can record the next location?

-Just a few hours.

-We have to dock at night and act as soon as we arrive.

-The navy must be there or following our route - says Killer, leaning against a barrel.

-Since when have you been worried about what might happen? Just act in the moment. - I join them but am greeted with a look of frustration.

-Who has been acting impulsively the last few times? - says Kid, squeezing the metal of my bracelets

-Me, but they have always gone well in the end. - I smile at him and jump on top of him, which makes him roll his eyes and snort.

-Let go of me Eriss. And where were you during the battle?

-Heat asked me to hold the helm while he went to help you. Which gave me an opening to appreciate how sexy you look fighting.

-No, I'm out, I'm not going to be the third wheel! - says Killer, walking away.

He grabs me by the waist and makes me stay on top of him.

-In other words, you decided not to help and just eat me with your eyes?

-Basically. I didn't think the famous Eutass "Captain" Kid needed help, after seeing him in his glory destroying a boat twice the size of ours.

I wrap my fingers in his hair and with my other hand I wrap myself around his neck.

-You can continue to increase my ego, I'm enjoying listening...

-The way you moved and ordered those around you. Certain of you and authoritative. - I get closer to his ear. - A god on earth with those muscles covered in water splashes that leave me sighing.

I start to lightly brush against him.

-And while I was analyzing you, what was going through my mind was that that man was mine, and that I couldn't wait for the next moment when he would show me how strong and hungry he is.

-Eriss, I know where you're going with this.

-I'm just following the orders that my captain gave me, he can be quite persuasive and frightening to those who don't follow his orders.