Chapter 18 - I surrender to you

Narrator POV

It took a few weeks for Kid to get used to the new arm, and especially to be able to install it quickly in case of battle. What was a frustration for him, with constant swearing, for the rest of the crew was a source of laughter as they saw the captain training and looking like a child understanding his new toy.

Eriss took advantage of Kid being more focused on himself, to improve her new techniques and fulfil what she had promised herself. Train and stay focused on the present and what she was able to control. The crew of the Victoria Punk began preparations for a possible pirate alliance to defeat a yonkou. Each one trained to get better and stronger. Even with the hard work, the constant arguments and troubles also continued. It was what helped to endure the long weeks that were already at sea on the grand line.

Eriss POV

I was on deck lost in my thoughts when I felt an arm wrap around my waist. I look at Kid and smile at him. He smiles back and envelops me even more in that hug.

-What's going on tigress?

-Nothing, I'm just tired. Someone has been keeping me up too many nights - He bites my neck lightly making me shiver and relax against his chest.

-But you've been restless, I know you're hiding something. Eriss you have to trust me, only then we can make this work.

I try to get out of that hug, but he stops me and I only end up confirming that I really had something inside me that I didn't have the courage to talk about. Since the confrontation with Shanks that I haven't been able to rest properly, all the emotions with Kid's recovery, us starting this relationship, the constant worry whenever the main gang gets into trouble, and now the plan of wanting to make an alliance with others supernova.

-I'm not going to force you to talk, sorry.

He lets go of me and moves away slightly. I turn to face him and place one hand on his chest and with the other I start playing with the choker pendant.

-It's just that with all the events of the last few weeks, it's been difficult to process. I feel so much at the same time and since we haven't been to land yet, I haven't been able to have time just for myself.

-Do you regret it?

-It's nothing like that, Kid. I'm trying, I don't really know how to express myself. I tend to accumulate a lot within myself and unlike you and others, I don't resort to violence to let the energy flow, it's more the opposite.

-How many more versions of you will I discover? - he lets out a sigh but then puts his hand over mine.

-Several, but I'm making an effort to open up and let my guard down.

-What do you need from me?

-A scene of pain and submission.

He smiles and changes his posture to a certain coldness, but continues to touch me.

-Kid? Are you comfortable with this? Maybe I shouldn't have asked before we even spoke.

-It's okay, we can have this conversation now. Why don't I go get a bottle of sake?

I sit on the floor waiting for him with my heart pounding from all the waiting and being about to reveal another side of me. I hear arguing voices approaching and I quickly know that it's probably Killer intruding.

-But Captain, it's not fair!

-Get used to it.

-Eriss, this is all your fault!