Chapter 22 - Towards the mission

Eriss POV

-This is just the beginning gang! Let's go back and scare the world with the reputation everyone thought that disgusting redhead stole from the crew of the Victoria Punk!

-YES!!!

-Wire and Heat will infiltrate the party as butlers. Killer, you will keep watch at the back door, without a mask! - Killer got up but before he could say anything - you don't need to reveal your identity, it's about staying in the shadows, but if it becomes necessary to intervene you'll have to swallow your ego and join them. While Eriss and I will go through guests and find out where they have the eternal pose.

I was sitting on top of the desk, while he was standing, but he discreetly ran his fingers over my hand.

-Let's avoid having to wait until the auction and causing a scene, although it would be a splendid moment, but we don't know if the navy or CP-9 will be there.

-Bah, boring, I don't like this plan - says Killer, crossing his arms.

The vein in Kid's forehead starts to show - no one here likes it, but it's the safest one for now. Nothing prevents us from having to improvise at the moment - he sits in the chair with a sideways smile. - The event is in a month and a few weeks, and we have to stop on an island before we get there, I need to be sure of the location.

-Is it Eriss who is going to meet the informant Master? - Heat asks.

I glance at Kid who swallows hard.

-This time it's not Hagura, but Mello. Is better if I go.

-No support? - asks Wire.

-If anyone wants to accompany me, feel free, just don't get in my way! - I felt him looking at me, but I was lost in my thoughts trying to control the pain I felt. 

-Now you can go back to whatever you were doing - I get up and he pulls me, making me fall into his lap.

-Satisfied?

-With what?

-The plan woman! Simple, in and out, safe, as you always suggest.

-It doesn't cost you anything to sometimes think carefully about situations. The missions have been going better, haven't they? - I give him a light kiss on the lips and get up to leave.

When I get to my room, I lock it, go to the desk, pick up the intercom snail, and try to make a call.

My wound was healing well, however, I underestimated how deep it was and in order not to worry others I omitted some information. I was still in pain which was something that should no longer happen, I was still taking a lot of medication. I had to start turning to weed to help me get through the nights when the pain only intensified. And every time someone asked me if everything was okay or if I wanted to train, I would just nod and then come up with an excuse about something to do. 

It was starting to get difficult to continue the charade, especially for Kid. He's tried several times to ask if he needs anything else, but I don't want to worry him. He may appear to be a brute and an idiot at times, but he is slowly putting the pieces together.

prr, prr, prr, prr, prr, prr, prr, catch!

-Eriss-ya, congratulations on your new reward.

-Thank you, once again thanks to one of your tricks, poison in my weapons. But that's not why I'm calling, I was hurt in a battle.