Chapter 23 - On the verge of death

Kid POV

I freeze when I hear that name. In my head all the nonsense stories that I remembered goes through. I know they kept in touch, but call him by their nickname. I look at her passed out in my arms, her breathing weak and the wound getting darker and darker. As I was taking her to the infirmary, hoping that Heat knew how to do something, I called for Killer.

-How does Eriss contact Trafalgar?

-Normally it's by letter, but....

-SPEAK UP KILLER! She is in bad shape and the last thing she said was his name.

-I think she has an den den mushi for a direct and secure connection in her room.

I go furiously to her room, in my head the thoughts don't calm down. I knew she was feeling strange, she had probably been hiding all this time, that she wasn't recovering well so as not to worry us. Selfishly, if she had spoken, maybe it wouldn't have gotten to this point. I go through the drawers and find that den den mushi in one of the drawers, I pick it up and take a deep breath before starting the call.

prr, prr, prr, prr, prr, prr, prr, catcha!

-Eriss-ya, last time I didn't mean for...

-It's Kid!

-Eutass-ya?!

-Eriss passed out and is unable to maintain consciousness. She was injured and today in a confrontation she opened it again and it looks worse than the first time.

-I should have listened to her, damn it! Is she breathing well?

-With some difficulty. Her last words before she passed out again was your name. I suppose you know more than us. Fuck, I can't believe I'm going to say this, I need your help.

Silence.

-Trafalgar?! I can't lose her, not now!

-Tell Heat to give her fluids and monitor her vital signs, try to keep her awake but don't give her anything. I hope I'm wrong with my conclusion. In the meantime, I need your location and I need to speak directly to the Heat.

It had been more than a day since Eriss had collapsed. Heat was doing what he could with the directions Trafalgar gave him, but she showed not much improvement. I didn't left her alone for a moment, I was trying to maintain my posture as captain, but seeing her in that state leaves me with a heavy heart for not being able to do anything, for not having insisted more and forcing her to admit that she wasn't doing it. recover well.

-KIIIDDDD! The heart pirate submarine is in sight! – Killer comes running and opens the door with a bang.

-Finally, that Dalmatian head! Just hold on a little longer, princess. – I take his hand and kiss him on the forehead.

Law POV

When we return to the surface, I see Victoria Punk. I should save my powers, but we've already wasted a lot of time getting here, I use the room and in seconds I'm on deck.

-Where is she?

Killer shows me the way. When I entered, Kid was next to her holding her hand and that scene left me feeling a little jealous and angry. I ignore him and go to the table where she was lying.

-Room. Scan.

-I did what you said, she remained stable, but since a few hours ago her heartbeat and breathing have become weaker. – Says Heat, it was the first time she saw him in person and her appearance gave me chills.