|07| Chapter

Vihaan POV:

She stared at me like I left her speechless. I moved my arm in front of her, and she said, "Aan I said watching with me, not you alone" I added, "Oh, okay. Just give me a heads up before then." She shook her head and asked, "Are you really that confident of becoming my husband, Aan?" I smirked, "Oh, vie, you don't even have the idea. I promise that any man who approaches you will have a 6 feet burial ground ready."

She glared at me and said, "I dare you to do that, Aan." She looked cute, like a little angry bird. I chuckled, raising my hands, "Okay, madam, I surrender." She smirked, and within two days, she really wrapped me around her little finger but I will gladly be like that all my life, I thought.

She asked, "Okay, question number 2. No more dating life. Do you have any siblings?" I nodded, "Yes, I have one sister and two cousins." She nodded. I asked, "Who is your favorite person?" Her eyes sparkled, "My kiddo." I thought, I have to meet her brother for sure, nodding as she said, "He's my brother, the only family I have left."

I asked, "Wait, what? Only family?" She looked sad. "It's okay, Vie, You dont have to tell me," I said. She whispered, "My dad died in an accident, and my mom died due to depression after my dad passed away." I went to her side, hugging her as she hugged me back, saying, "I am fine, Aan. It's been almost many years. I don't even remember their faces correctly now."

I nodded, feeling for the my girl. I pulled back, looking into her eyes I saw pain, realizing there's more I have to learn about her. I didn't ask any further. I changed the topic, "What kind of food do you like?" Her eyes lit up, "South Indian food. I love Hyderabad biryani so much." We spoke about her interests – reading books, watching dramas, traveling, and being a big foodie. I took many mental notes; At some point of time I lost the count as there were so many.

She said, "Aan, I'm hungry." So I clapped, and the waiter came, serving us the food. She ate happily. I asked, "Vie, if you don't mind, can I ask why you like this place so much? I mean, you've traveled many places in the world. Why this?"

She looked down, "This is the city where my mom and dad fell in love, Aan. And this Eiffel Tower is the place where my mom told my dad that she was pregnant with me." I nodded. After that, we ate quietly, enjoying the silence with each other. No awkwardness, just comfort in each other's company.

She asked, "Aan What does 'vie' mean?" I smirked at her, taking a shot. She whined, "Aan, this is not fair. You have to tell me." I said, "Vie, I will tell you, but let the right time come, okay?" She pouted and didn't talk to me. I chuckled at her, taking out a chocolate from my pocket and showing her. She plucked it from me, laughing like a kid. Just moments ago, she was angry at me, and now, after seeing a small chocolate, she's no longer angry. 'How easily she gets melted,' I thought, laughing.

After some time, I asked, "Will you give me the honor to dance with you, Vie?" She said, "Aan, I'm not a good dancer." I insisted, "Come on, I'll teach you. Trust me, I'm a very good teacher." She took my hand, getting up, and as I took her hand, placing it on my shoulder, and held the other, I pulled her close to me.

She gasped, but I smiled, moving to the beat. We followed each other's lead, lost in our own world, until she tripped a little and hissed in pain. I made her sit, checked her twisted ankle, and suggested, "How about we go back Vie?"

She nodded, saying, "Only if you promise me that we will come back here again." I chuckled, nodding, and lifted her up. She almost screamed "I can walk AANNN." I said, "Shh, Vie, just relax." She glared at me but eventually realized I wouldn't drop her as I carried her to the hotel.

Thankful that the hotel was nearby, we reached the room, and I placed her on the bed softly. I went to get some ice cubes, and after applying ointment on her ankle, she hissed in pain. I looked at her, apologizing "I am sorry Vie," but she cupped my cheek, saying, "Aan, this was never your fault. It's just a little twist. I'm really fine, okay?" I nodded a bit.

As she tried to get up, I asked, "Where do you think you're going?" She replied, "As much as I love this dress, I need to get out of it to sleep, Aan." I nodded, taking her to the bathroom, and when she came out, wearing my shirt, I was surprised.

She looked stunning, wait no she looked hot, damn hot wearing my shirt. If not for her ankle pain, I would want to have my way with her, I thought. She stood near the door shyly, and I laughed, picking her up. She wrapped her arms around my shoulder, saying, "Aan, I forgot to take my nightdress in, and there was only your shirt inside."

I nodded, placing her on the bed, and said, "Sleep, Vie. You must be tired." She nodded, and as I was about to leave, she caught my hand, saying, "Stay until I sleep." Glad that she asked, I nodded, sitting beside her. She took my palm, placing it under her cheek, and slept peacefully. How did I get so lucky, I thought, looking at her.

I don't know when I fell asleep. When I woke up in the morning, the other side of the bed was empty. I growled as I called out, "Vie," but there was no response. I got up, checking all the rooms, and she was nowhere to be found. Panic set in; I had just found her, and I can't lose her, I thought. I went into the room again, I saw a letter near the dressing table. I took it to read, and it said:

"Dear Aan,

I know by the time you read this, you will be panicking. Don't!! Aan. I am safe. There was some family emergency, so I had to leave back to India last night. I wanted to leave a text for you, but i realized we were so busy with each other that we forgot to exchange numbers. But don't worry, Aan. I took your business card from your wallet. I will reach out to you once everything is settled on my side. I promise, Aan, I will come find you. Like you said, I was the one who promised to find you in all the lifetimes, remember? I will come. And thank you for these three days of amazing memories, Aan. You will wait for me, right? I know you will.

Will see you soon.

Yours, Vie."

So she just left? Just like that? Why didn't she wake me up? I threw everything on the table in anger. My heart felt like it was tearing apart. She could have just told me, and I would have taken her. After letting out my anger, I sighed, thinking, "I trust you, Vie. I will give you one week to reach out to me, just one week. And trust me, after that, I will hunt you down, no matter where you hid yourself."

I got up, packed everything, and left for home. There was no point in staying here without her.

After I went home, nobody dared to approach me, seeing my angry face. They knew I was upset over something. I heard my sister whispering, "I bet the person who made bhai angry will regret it." I sighed, knowing she was wrong because, clearly, I am the one who is under her control. So, if anything, I must regret falling asleep.

I was working in my room when I heard a knock on the door. I knew nobody dared to talk to me in this situation except him. So, I sighed and didn't respond. He banged on the door, and I screamed, "What the heck do you want, Rahul?" He said, "Bhai, let me in." I sighed, opening the door.

He came in, asking, "So where is she?" I shouted, "Who?" He asked, "Bhabi?" I shouted, "Rahul, please get out." He sighed, going in further and sitting on my bed, asking, "What's wrong, bhai?" I sat there working, saying nothing. He asked again, "Come on, vi, tell me."

I glared at him, saying, "You know I hate nicknames. You call me like that one more time, and you're out." He raised his hands, saying, "Okay, fine. But tell me, what the hell happened that made you this angry?" I sighed, closing the laptop, and gave a gist of what happened.

He processed everything and said, "You love bhabi more than me, don't you?" I punched him on his head, saying, "Idiot, after all that story, you're asking me this?" I shouted, "Yes, I love her more than anyone." He whined, saying, "I have to meet her soon bhai. I hope she will find you soon. I have to see who is my competitor." This guy, seriously, I thought as I kicked him out.

-------------------------------------------------------------

If, at any point, you feel that the story isn't as captivating as you'd like it to be, please don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Your feedback will help me tailor the narrative to better suit your tastes and preferences.