|20| Chapter

Vihaan POV:

It's been a week since I let it all out for Anvi. She's just as I expected, never judging me for my past. I know about hers too and god knows how she carried it all these years, I'm waiting for the day she opens up to me completely, lets out all the pain she's been carrying for years. I want her to feel the same lightness I do.

Shiv walked in, saying, "Boss, there's something wrong in the underworld. We have to go to Paris as soon as possible."

I got up and asked, "What's wrong, Shiv?" He replied, "I'll tell you on the flight, sir." I nodded, "Arrange the flight; I'll be there in an hour." I called Anandh to pack my clothes and bring them to the airport.

I went to Saanvi's office, called her down, and when she saw me, she happily ran towards me, asking, "Aan, what are you doing here?"

I smiled, pulling her close, "I missed you, Vie." She giggled, "Aan, it's only been 6 hours." I sighed, "Well, it's going to be longer than that, I guess."

She raised her eyebrows, and I cupped her cheek, saying, "There's something wrong in Paris, Vie. I need to go there as soon as possible."

Her eyes widened as she hugged me tight, "Is it related to the underworld?" I pulled back, making her look at me, "Baby, nothing will happen to me. I promise I'll come back soon. I'll text you every chance I get, okay?"

She asked "Can I also come Aan pleaseeee." I hugged her, "No, Vie, you can't. But I'll come back soon, okay? Be a good girl, and give me a sendoff kiss."

She punched me a little, pouted, and said, "Until you come back, no kisses for you." I smiled, cupping her cheek, gave a peck on her lips, and said, "Be safe, Vie. Call me if anything's wrong, or if I'm not available, call Rahul, okay?" She nodded, and I sighed, turning back to the car.

However, she pulled my wrist, tip-toed, and gave me a soft kiss. Then she ran inside. I chuckled at her antics and drove to the airport.

On the flight, Shiv said, "Boss, there's a leader from Spain making a fuss about you being the king. He wants to challenge you, protesting and gathering support from other leaders to make you step down."

I nodded, understanding who was behind all this mess, and asked, "Where is vishnu now?" Shiv replied, "He still hasn't come out from his home boss , but don't worry, our men are there to watch him."

I nodded and said, "Send our best bodyguard to guard Anvi. Make sure she doesn't know about this. Tell him to watch her from afar." Shiv nodded, "Yes, boss."

After reaching Paris, I wasted no time and went straight to the leader's home where the meeting was to be held. He bowed to me, and I nodded.

He introduced me to his wife, and I nodded at her as well. He said, "King, the meeting will start in one hour. Please take rest." I nodded and was shown to a guest room.

After some time, I received a call from Anvi. I picked up immediately, and she whispered, "Aan, are you busy?" I replied, "No, Vie. What's wrong?" I could hear her sighing, "Nothing, Aan. I just called to ask whether you reached or not."

I reassured her, "I did, Vie, and I'll come back as soon as possible, okay?" She said, "Okay, Aan." I heard a knock on the door, so I said, "Vie, I should go now. Be careful. I lobe you. I'll call you back, okay?" She replied, "I lobe you too, Aan." I smiled after hanging up.

I went to the meeting where everyone gathered. They all bowed to me when I reached, and I sat down in the head chair. Everyone sat down after I did. In my deadly voice, I asked, "What is happening?"

Everyone was clearly shaking, but I noticed one pair of arrogant eyes looking at me. I glared at him, and he stood up, fuming towards me.

My bodyguards caught him as he shouted, "You don't deserve that seat! You killed the ex-king and sat there. What right do you have to rule us?" I smirked, signaling my boys to leave.